Weyerhaeuser Sales Manager - Northern California in Redding, California
Do you have a passion for sales, mentoring, and business development? As a Sales Manager – based in Northern, CA – you will be responsible for leading a team of sales associates and customer service representatives working to meet the sales goals of an assigned territory. Responsible for managing the executive relationship for key accounts, developing goals, setting targets, measuring results, hiring, and developing teams, training, and coaching for excellence in sales, and conducting comprehensive performance assessments.
This role reports directly to the Area General Manager and may act as site leader in the event of AGM’s absence. The salary ranges from $92,500 to $138,700. There will be 35% of travel within the first 6-8 months on the job. Travel will decrease to 20% .
Your main accountability will include:
- Participating in the development and execution of business strategies including developing sales and marketing programs.
- Assists and supports the building and execution of sales plans to include maintaining working capital efficiency; grows new products; understands cost to serve and getting paid for it.
- Leads and motivates the sales team, accountable for sales team performance, and the growth and development of the team.
- Strategic customer planning and relationship management as well as leads and participates in customer events, promotion, and other customer activities.
- Actively selling, ensuring sales and profit growth while maintaining customer satisfaction. Partners with operations, logistics, to achieve cost effective solutions for the site.
Partner with the Product Managers on area and local pricing, supports the efforts of supply chain management and participates in trade shows.
Proven customer relationship skills.
- Strong communications skills, able to work successfully across organizational and functional boundaries.
- Able and willing to spend time at our Redding, CA and Stockton, CA sites
- Successfully collaborates within a team environment.
- Broad level of experience with residential wood products or building material products.
- Understands basic financial levers for driving profitability.
Education and Experience
- 5 yrs. experience including people leadership and /or experience in building products industry (e.g., residential wood products or building materials)
About our Wood Products Distribution Business:
We have over 48,000 SKUs from over 300 suppliers of structural framing materials and specialty building products for residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our team of on-the-ground sales and support has the industry reach, experience and knowledge to help grow your business. We’ll get you what you need, when you need it.
Our experienced operations team with over 40 LEAN greenbelts provides a safe and efficient delivery service. About our Wood Products Business We manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural framing materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, and also provide seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. This team moves fast, works smart and never stops pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing
Title: Sales Manager - Northern California
Requisition ID: 01020152
Other Locations: USA-CA-Redding
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs