Penske Senior Manager – Centralized Human Resources (Shared Services) in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penske has a new opportunity for a Senior Manager of Centralized HR to join our recently expanded Shared Services Department. This department is vital to the work of HR in our organization, supporting our associates and leaders. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work among the many functions within HR and help build this expanding team.
This role will have a primary focus of leading a team who will collaborate with the departments across HR to centralize enterprise-wide processes and programs. The team will create and manage impactful and engaging programs that are foundational to the success of the business. This newly formed team is performing professional human resources work in a variety of concentrations, such as onboarding, investigations, unemployment, relocation, and background checks.
This position will work closely with Leadership in a proactive, collaborative approach to ensure the processes are consistent and compliant. The centralized HR team will create and own programs that align with our values to support sustained business success and impact associate engagement in a positive way. Qualified candidates will have prior experience in human resources and optimally will have experience in leading a team, program administration, and vendor management.
• Manage a team of HR professionals. Coaching, developing, and guiding them for success in their current roles and to build lasting careers at Penske.
• Direct the creation and management of our centralized HR Processes. This includes collaborating with HR and business leaders to design processes that are efficient and compliant. This includes leading a team of HR Specialists, ensuring that standards are followed while providing an engaging customer experience. Current processes include Relocation, Unemployment Claims, and Background Checks, with more to come.
• Lead the creation and administration of key HR programs. This includes leading a team of HR Program Managers who will own the work and partner with HR colleagues across the enterprise to facilitate the programs. Programs include orientation, investigations, handbook policy and more.
• Leverage our partnerships with vendors to maintain and improve business processes.
• Provide point of escalation for the team to handle complex scenarios.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
Master’s Degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
A minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience preferred.
Supervisory and management experience preferred.
Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
Skill in operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Suite. An understanding of enterprise-wide HRIS systems a plus.
Ability to interpret and effectively communicate Human Resources policies, procedures and laws.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
Project management experience preferred.
High-level organizational skills and experience working with outside vendors.
Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment and education) are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT PENSKE TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS:
Penske Transportation Solutions is the umbrella brand for Penske Truck Leasing, Penske Logistics, Epes Transport Systems, Penske Vehicle Services, and related businesses. Our businesses provide innovative transportation, supply chain and technology solutions to keep the world moving forward. Visit GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Function: HR Business Partnering
Job Family: Human Resources
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2313592
- Penske Jobs