COUNTY OF BERKS RN Staff Nurse (Staff Development) - Berks Heim Nursing in READING, Pennsylvania
A RN who is responsible for the coordination and implementation of an orientation and education program for new, rehired, and transferred nurses and nursing assistants.
1. Sets standards and assists with curriculum design for an orientation program for the
2. Assists with the development and implementation of a State approved Nursing Assistant Training Program (NATP).
3. Provides classroom and clinical instruction of nursing assistants in NATP. In this capacity, assumes responsibility for nursing care given by nursing assistants in program. Teaches 51% of the total hours of the nursing assistant training program.
4. Demonstrates the ability to determine assignments for nurses in orientation and nursing assistants in NATP, keeping in mind nursing assistant and nurse abilities, limitations, and necessity for experience depending upon shift responsibilities.
5. Implements and follows on the shift orientation of new nursing personnel as requested by Director of Staff Development.
6. Helps in the transition to shift routine for nursing personnel.
7. Evaluate performance of nursing assistants during shift orientation in an objective
8. Demonstrates ability to present classroom instruction and clinical instruction for nurses, providing procedural skills necessary to enable them to fulfill their responsibilities as an employee of the institution in accordance with established job descriptions.
9. Demonstrates ability to identify and accurately document areas of concern noted during nurses' orientation and NATP.
10. Demonstrates ability to evaluate nurses' and nursing assistants' performance in an objective manner.
RN STAFF NURSE - STAFF DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A graduate of an accredited11. Provides relief coverage on other shifts when needs are identified, as requested by the Director of Staff Development.
12. Participates in ongoing in-service programs presented by Staff Development.
13. Acts as resource for other nurses within the Staff Development Department.
14. Coordinates record keeping as it relates to orientation of nursing personnel.
15. Attends scheduled meetings and seminars as directed by the Director of Staff Development.
16. Maintains communication with nursing administration, supervisors, nurses, and other departments (as it relates to nursing) to ensure an orderly flow of information.
17. Keeps current on new and developing policies/procedures within the facility. Makes recommendations and reviews policies/procedures as indicated.
18. Submits reports as directed.
19. Keeps current on developments within the field of gerontology.
20. Maintains a professional attitude in dealing with staff, residents, and visitors.
21. Demonstrates a good working knowledge of operation of audiovisual equipment.
22. Assists with the evaluation of new materials as necessary.
23. Responsible for other job-related duties as designated by the Director of Staff Development.
24. Responsible for department functioning in the absence of the Director of Staff Development under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
25. In accordance with Pennsylvania MOT Act 102 an employee qualified to work in the job classification will be mandated to work overtime when necessary.
school of nursing, currently licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
2. Has two (2) years' experience as an RN with at least (1) year experience in long term care.
3. Must attend a Teaching the Educator Workshop as approved by the PDE.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
2. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effe tive working relationships as a member of the healthcare team.
Ability to stand and be active during an entire work shift.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, infectious waste, blood and body fluid, diseases and conditions prevalent at the time. Employees may also be subject to emotionally distraught residents, family members, visitors and personnel. The noise level in the work environment is typically minimal to moderate.
RN STAFF NURSE - STAFF DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
This position description serves as a guideline for communicating the essential functions and other information about the position to the applicant/employee. It is not intended to create a binding employment contract nor cover every detail of the position and may be changed where appropriate.