IQVIA Senior Director, Compliance in Reading, United Kingdom
The Senior Director, Compliance, Europe, UK and the Americas is responsible for implementation of IQVIA’s global anti-bribery/anti-corruption (ABAC) and healthcare compliance (HCC) programs in the applicable regions. A key role within the company’s Ethics and Compliance Office (ECO), the incumbent drives compliance efforts throughout the organization to be effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and remedying non-compliance with applicable ABAC and HCC standards.
The Senior Director, Compliance maintains current knowledge of laws, regulations and ethical codes; develops and/or implements the annual compliance plan for the regions; provides ethics and compliance guidance to senior management, staff, and employees; supports internal compliance risk identification; reviews and monitors activities; investigates matters related to ABAC and HCC compliance; develops, assesses, and implements ABAC and HCC compliance training and education; and develops and supports business conduct, audits, and mergers and acquisition activity. This position is responsible for developing close relationships and strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders within IQVIA. The incumbent manages regional field compliance team members, reports to the Chief Compliance Officer, sits on the ECO Leadership Team, and drives a culture of ethics and integrity in all we do.
• Serve as key Compliance business partner in and ambassador for the relevant regions; provide ongoing compliance advice, counsel, and support for all IQVIA’s businesses and functions
• Partner with ECO leaders and staff to execute ECO plan activities, including conducting and supporting the annual compliance risk assessment, audits, and monitoring; M&A diligence and integration; compliance investigations; training and communications; and governance
• Work closely with key stakeholders including Legal, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Finance, Communications, and Safety and Security departments, along with IQVIA’s businesses and regions to ensure effective implementation of compliance initiatives
• Support development of training and conduct training
• Coordinate Compliance Champions program in relevant regions
• Drive process improvement and standardization
• Assist business development teams with responses to RFPs and bid defenses; support customer audits
• Participate on joint HCC and ABAC client committees, as needed
• Manage spend at or below ECO budget
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• J.D. or Master’s degree and 8 years of direct experience or Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of direct experience
• Life sciences experience; sound knowledge and understanding of Office of Inspector General (OIG) Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, U.S. Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, transparency reporting requirements, relevant global equivalents, and industry codes (e.g., IFPMA, EFPIA, PhRMA, AdvaMed, MedTech), especially for relevant regions
• Demonstrated ability to deliver against critical business objectives on budget and on time, implement complex instructions, prioritize, be proactive, resolve conflicts, follow through on assignments, and be a team player
• Experience in conducting ABAC and HCC compliance audits and monitoring
• Strong leadership and people management and development skills
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and drive a high level of responsiveness from multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
• Excellent judgment and agility
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a keen attention to detail
• Passion for finding pragmatic, compliant solutions to drive the business forward
• Master’s degree in business administration, compliance, or accounting
• Relevant auditing or compliance professional certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Life sciences outsourcing (e.g., CRO) experience
• Travel up to 30% per year including international travel (post-pandemic)
• Position is based in Europe / UK
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs