IQVIA Associate Director, Biostatistics in Reading, United Kingdom
IQVIA, The Human Data Science Company™ commits to provide solutions that enable life sciences companies to innovate with confidence, maximize their opportunities and ultimately drive human health outcomes forward.
We provide actionable solutions by tapping into the power of the IQVIA CORE™:
Domain Expertise Institutional knowledge and domain expertise across diseases, geographies, and scientific methods
Advanced Analytics Faster, more precise decision-making generated by advanced analytics designed for healthcare
Unparalleled Data. One of the world’s largest curated healthcare data sources with innovative privacy protections
Transformative Technology Leading technologies to provide real-time access to operations-critical information
We are currently looking for an Associate Director, Biostatistics to join one of our dedicated partnerships and act as a site head or as a functional head within a site providing direction and guidance in carrying out project assignments, interfacing with clients and other internal departments.
This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to apply advanced statistical methods to project work, manage a team of Biostatistics staff and conduct independent research and teach courses in statistical methodology.
In addition, the Associate Director will be acting as a resource for the department, ensuring scientific integrity in the application of statistical methodology to clinical trials, assisting the Director in strategic planning and resource allocation for the department.
Providing an oversight across studies and / or customers including guidance on documentation and output development /review and assisting the Director in proposal development, project allocation, budget projections, and client presentation will be required as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree Biostatistics or related field and 7 - 10 years relevant experience including 2 years’ experience managing staff
• Master's Degree Biostatistics or related field and 7-10 years relevant experience including 2 years’ experience managing staff
• Ph.D. Biostatistics or related field and 5 years relevant experience including 2 years’ experience managing staff
• Typically requires 7-10 years of prior relevant experience, including 2 years’ experience managing staff or Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one department or multiple related departments
• Familiarity with most complex statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials
• In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements, i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
• Strong working knowledge of SAS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with good interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Sound judgment/decision making
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
• Working knowledge of relevant Data Standards (such as Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC)/ADaM)
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs