CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Wastewater & Water Treatment in Racine, Wisconsin
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our experienced team to lead and deliver challenging wastewater and water treatment projects throughout the Midwest. Our team has been on the forefront of developing complex and innovative solutions for our clients, regionally and nationally, to address ageing infrastructure, growth, and advancements in technology in a time of less predictability, regulatory changes and funding challenges.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Project Manager to join our Kansas City, Missouri team. Candidates should be located in or be willing to relocate to Kansas City or may work virtually from one of the following locations: St. Louis, MO; Omaha, NE; Des Moines, IA; or Wichita, KS. If virtually assigned to the Kansas City office, the candidate may utilize a home office environment for normal day-to-day operation but must be capable of travel to the Kansas City office and client offices for meetings, trainings, client interactions, etc. as needed.
CDM Smith has been providing services to the Midwest market for over 25 years and is a leader in the four-state region of Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa in wastewater and water treatment, asset management, addressing emerging contaminants, implementing digital water and analytics, performing alternative delivery approaches, master planning, and innovative resource recovery opportunities.
To enhance and support our outstanding team, we have a great opportunity for an exceptional individual who demonstrates technical, project management and client leadership skills. Join us if you are interested in:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major local and regional wastewater and drinking water projects.
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water/wastewater design capabilities.
• Taking responsibility for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed.
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the Midwest region, primarily in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska.
• Participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations.
• Finally, working for an outstanding national organization whose vision is to be client focused, employee centered, technically superior, independent - to provide excellence and to deliver a legendary client experience.
Senior Project Manager - Wastewater & Water Treatment
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 10 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Professional engineering (PE) license, strongly preferred.
• Previous experience working on and managing Wastewater or water treatment projects for municipal clients in the Midwest regional market.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, or related degree.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Previous experience working directly with clients.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal clients.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Midwest United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
- CDM Smith Jobs