Outreach Development Corporation Overnight Counselor in Queens, New York
Exciting. High-energy. Rewarding.
Outreach is seeking a qualified candidate for the position FT Overnight Counselor for our adolescent residential program located in Ridgewood, Queens. The Floor Counselor is responsible for the delivery and implementation of long term supervision, support and clinical services to a population of chemically dependent adolescents with co-occurring and mental health problems. The SAC serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
What You Will Do:
· Initial and ongoing screening of resident and resident property in accordance with unit procedure.
· Facilitate group counseling formats on time and in a professional, ethical and caring manner and documents client’s progress through the use of group notes.
· Supervise clients in self-medication (under supervision).
· Communicate all pertinent information, incidents and emergencies using the appropriate system including the SAC communication log, incident reports and 24 hour on-call supervisor.
· Provide crisis interventions and follow up including documentation of the incident, accident and/or elopement reports.
· Overall supervision and management of client population in the facilitation of the daily house schedule.
· Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
· CASAC-T; CASAC, or higher preferred.
· 1 year of experience working with clients with substance abuse disorders.
· 1 year of experience working with adolescents with co-occurring and mental health problems.
· 1 year of experience working in in an OASAS funded facility a plus
· Commitment to providing quality services and outcome driven performance measures.
· Excellent organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance clinicians, set and achieve program objectives.
· Strong networking and public relations skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, populations, and cultures.
· Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to program planning.
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
At Outreach, we enjoy a strong work-life balance, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional training. Our enthusiastic employees love what they do and the positive impact they make every day. Outreach embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected.
Our employees are the reason Outreach ranks among the most respected health and human services providers in New York City and Long Island. In fact, we have been named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in New York” a total of nine times since 2010.
Communities throughout Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island turn to Outreach for a vast array of treatment and training needs. We customize our services to increase our access to a wide range of individuals and groups including Families, Justice System, Aspiring Professionals, EAPs/MAPs and Community Members. Outreach’s treatment services are licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS (https://oasas.ny.gov/) ) and employ best practices in line with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) indicators of quality treatment (https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/PEP18-TREATMENT-LOC/PEP18-TREATMENT-LOC.pdf) .
An EEO employer, we enjoy exceptional workforce retention – many of our employees have been with Outreach for 10 years or more, some starting as part-timers and now working in full-time senior management.
Adding to our outstanding benefits, some members of Outreach’s clinical and professional staff may be eligible for student loan forgiveness and repayment plans for persons working in public service, education, and health care, including the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program, Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Plan, or the New York State Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program. Outreach’s NYC outpatient programs are also approved for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Substance Use Disorder Loan Repayment program, for eligible clinicians.