Outreach Development Corporation Clinical Coordinator in Queens, New York
Exciting. High-energy. Rewarding.
Outreach is seeking a qualified candidate for the position Assistant Director/Clinical Coordinator to work in our residential treatment program located in Richmond Hill, NY. The Assistant Director/Clinical Coordinator assists the Program Director in the development and maintenance of appropriate substance abuse treatment services. Oversees clinical aspects of treatment, including admissions, assessments, transfers, referrals, and the completion of an appropriate treatment program. Supervises staff to ensure appropriate services are administered effectively and efficiently towards helping clients attain a healthy and productive life. Ensures treatment complies with the specific standards of the contracting agencies and the requirements of governmental regulatory bodies. Provides leadership and manages the day to day operations of the facility.
What You Will Do:
· Provides clinic leadership, ensuring the right services are in place, the staff is well trained and motivated, and the clients treated successfully.
· Monitors the client intake process to ensure that intakes are timely, appropriate clients are being admitted to treatment, and applicants needing other levels of care are referred and placed appropriately.
· Oversees the development of a client treatment program, consistent with client needs, including the assignment of counselors and identification of appropriate individual, group, or family treatment sessions.
· Ensures compliance with all contractual obligations and relevant licensing and regulatory requirements.
· Assists the Senior Manager in monitoring clinical and unit paperwork to assure that it is in compliance with Agency, regulatory, licensing and/or funding guidelines
· Keeps abreast of client progress, reviews and approves treatment plans and utilization reviews
· Provides supervision to clinical staff and Coordinators, as directed.
· Maintains appropriate contact with referral and regulatory agencies to report on client progress and matters of compliance.
· Conducts group or individual counseling, if needed.
· Maintains relationship with outside professional agencies to stay informed of resources, networking opportunities, and advances in client treatment.
· Prepares or oversees the preparation of appropriate internal and external reports.
· Exercise due diligence in the delivery of quality care in line with agency Medicaid Compliance Plan and systems of accountability.
· Ensure communication through the compliance officer and/or the supervisory structure of any violation of non-compliance with the agency’s Medicaid compliance plan and personnel policy and procedure.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
Program operation time Monday - Friday 9AM -5PM
Work Schedule: 9-5 3x per week and 1PM - 9PM 2x per week.
Who You Are:
· LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or higher preferred, with 2-3 years of experience in substance abuse and experience providing clinical supervision
· Extensive knowledge of community resources available to clients who are diagnosed with substance use disorders, mental health disorders, chronic medical conditions, and veterans
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
· Ability to manage, coach, and develop high-performance teams that achieve program objectives
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse interdisciplinary team
· Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to program planning
At Outreach, we enjoy a strong work-life balance, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional training. Our enthusiastic employees love what they do and the positive impact they make every day.
Our employees are the reason Outreach ranks among the most respected health and human services providers in New York City and Long Island. In fact, we have been named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in New York” a total of nine times since 2010.
Communities throughout Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island turn to Outreach for a vast array of treatment and training needs. We customize our services to increase our access to a wide range of individuals and groups including Families, Justice System, Aspiring Professionals, EAPs/MAPs and Community Members. Outreach’s treatment services are licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services ( OASAS (https://oasas.ny.gov/) ) and employ best practices in line with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) indicators of quality treatment (https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/PEP18-TREATMENT-LOC/PEP18-TREATMENT-LOC.pdf) .
An EEO employer, we enjoy exceptional workforce retention – many of our employees have been with Outreach for 10 years or more, some starting as part-timers and now working in full-time senior management.
Adding to our outstanding benefits, some members of Outreach’s clinical and professional staff may be eligible for student loan forgiveness and repayment plans for persons working in public service, education, and health care, including the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program, Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Plan, or the New York State Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program. Outreach’s NYC outpatient programs are also approved for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Substance Use Disorder Loan Repayment program, for eligible clinicians.