MasterCard Senior Accountant in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Senior Professional will support the Operation & Technology business unit by providing oversight to financial reporting, ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial statements and ensuring compliance with accounting requirements. The position will be required to build and foster relationships across the organization and with the shared service center managing monthly close process.
• Have you ever desired to work in a fast-paced environment where agility to manage multiple tasks is required and change is an essential part of every day?
• Are you motivated to be part of a dynamic Finance team helping building the foundation of new functions and relationships?
• Have you partnered with your customers in the past to make decisions that influence both sides to be the best for the company?
• Monitors month-end close activity and acts as liaison with the shared service center to drive accuracy of results and provide open communication link between the groups.
• Guides financial decisions related to business transactions by providing accounting/regulatory advice and by monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Ensures a strong control environment by supporting, monitoring and enforcing operational and SOX financial controls.
• Ensures ongoing compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to special projects and preforms various ad-hoc reporting or analysis as needed with a strong customer service focus.
• Participates in development and implementation of process improvements to improve operational controls/efficiency and quality of output.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent credential (or working toward designation)
• Advanced degree preferred
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Preferred work experience - public accounting firm background with increasing levels of responsibility or similar technical accounting experience in large public company
• Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Previous experience in significant process improvements, with ability to prioritize and meet concurrent project deliverables
• Advanced MS Office skills (primarily Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of enterprise financial systems (e.g. Oracle/Hyperion, SAP)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128999