Lockheed Martin Data Engineer Sr in Puerto Rico
Description: Data Engineer needed to help build out and tune data processing pipelines and scenarios for both integration and interactive analysis of large data sets in distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be equal parts technologist and evangelist – capable of both communicating the innovation and value proposition of big data processing, storage, and analysis to a variety of IT and business stakeholders as well as the experience necessary to build out the solutions that make the art of the possible a reality. Main responsibilities are: Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources that are ready for analysis. Work through all stages of a data solution lifecycle, e.g., analyze / profile data, create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, architect and design ETL, reporting and analytics. Maintain data systems performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases. Define standards, best practices, and certification processes for data objects. Conduct performance tuning and optimization of data processing and storage. Write complex queries that can scale to meet requirements. Verification/validation that data solutions and/or system performance meets requirements. Document data definitions, dictionaries, and architectures. Define how data will be collected, what data will be needed, constraints to be considered. Limited travel (25% or less) is required for this role. Work location at a major company facility is preferred, but virtual applicants will be considered.
US Citizenship is required.
- Experience in the development, installing, configuring and the tuning big data processing pipelines for the transfer of data from various sources into Hadoop using open or commercial ETL Tools.
- Experience in translating technical results to business centric, actionable insights.
- Experience in designing and implementing optimal data storage options
- Experience in exposing data within to external consumers using various open source SQL-like tools.
- Experience in developing algorithms using Python.
- Experience with SAP data services ETL development.
- Experience with implantation of REST API services.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Ability to translate technical results to business centric, actionable insights.
- Experience in DevSecOps pipelines using GitLab and automated testing tools.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
- Experience using SAP HANA and SAP BODS is an advantage
- Experience using Domino datalabs.
- Familiarity with open source message brokers (Kafka, etc.) for real-time data feeds.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply technical principles to complete assigned projects
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple, critical business applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs