Certara USA, LLC Director, Commercial & Business Strategy - DDS/QSS in Princeton, New Jersey
Certara is a growing company that provides a dynamic and exciting place to work. Our purpose is to assist in accelerating the development of meaningful medicines that make an impact on our society and the people that need them most. Innovation and creativity are highly valued, and everyone is given the opportunity for training and continuous development. Our portfolio spans the discovery, preclinical, clinical and post-marketing phases of drug development, working with 1,200 commercial companies, 250 academic institutions, and numerous regulatory agencies.
Certara's Integrated Drug Development (IDD) business unit is an industry leader in the adoption and practice of model-informed drug development. We combine our extensive drug development expertise with the latest quantitative methods and technologies to enable a smarter and more efficient approach to developing medicines. Working as an integrated partner with our clients' teams, we help define and execute drug development and regulatory strategy, incorporating opportunities to utilize clinical trial simulation and other data-driven approaches to minimize or avoid trials, generate supportive evidence, and create speed and efficiency.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director of Commercial & Business Strategy to join our team. This role will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Drug Development Services (DDS) and Quantitative Science Services (QSS) commercial strategy, driving growth, and maximizing the creation of value for clients. This leader will be stepping into this role for two established groups within IDD that each have unique value proposition and are made up of functional teams at different stages of market adoption.
The Director of Commercial & Business Strategy, DDS/QSS will work with subject matter experts to define commercial strategy and product roadmaps, considering the competitive landscape, industry direction, company strategy and client needs. This leader will need to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment, collaborating with stakeholders
- Lead the development and implementation of DDS/QSS commercial strategy, aligning with the overall business plan and vision
- Serve as "product manager" for DDS/QSS solutions driving the development and execution of go to market strategy and the roadmap for solutions, considering client needs, current competitive positioning, and market dynamics
- Identify/facilitate opportunities to pilot and learn to develop new concepts and/or enhance existing solutions
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including clients and partners
- Collaborate with and serve as a DDS/QSS resource for the business development and strategic accounts team so they are versed on how, and equipped, to sell and position DDS/QSS solutions to clients
- Translate strategies into tactical delivery plans and, working with various internal teams, monitor execution of the plan to drive desired result
- Actively monitor the performance of the solution to uncover opportunities for improvement and/or highlight successes
- Conduct market research and gather competitive intelligence to inform strategic decision making and positioning for sales
- Work with internal matrix partners to define the optimal solution design
- Lead market message/collateral refreshes with our marketing team
- Support RFP activity and client strategy meetings, assess client needs and advise on solutions to offer to clients and how to best position them
- Interact with matrixed team to actively promote, report on and develop our solutions
- Ensure that all DDS/QSS commercial activities are compliant with company policies, industry regulations, and ethical standards
- Provide leadership, reporting and timely feedback to keep all stakeholders, including senior management, informed of progress
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field, with an advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a commercial strategy or related role, with a proven track record of success.
- At least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical services industry, with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience using data to inform decision making.
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills, with the ability to develop and implement complex initiatives.
- Proven experience leading and managing teams, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
Certara bases all employment-related decision on merit, taking into consideration qualifications, skills, achievement, and performance. We treat all applicants and employees without regard to personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, marital status, p regnancy, physical or mental condition, genetic information, military service, or other characteristic protected by law.
Certara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Certara does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.