Medline Industries, Inc. Manager, Human Resources (Prattville, AL) - HUM0100G2 in Prattville, Alabama
The Mgr, Human Resources manages and administers all human resources activities such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services in the assigned division. This individual facilitates implementation of the organization's human resource strategy so that the organization attracts, manages, develops and retains the employees it needs to achieve its current and future business objectives.
- Lead implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs at assigned location. Assist and advise local managers on Human Resources issues.
- Coach employees and managers on correct interpretation and administration of Company HR policy. Assist management in maintaining positive employee relations.
- Assess the internal employee climate, counsel with managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment. Represent the company, when needed, at unemployment hearings.
- Recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Support employee recruitment, selection and retention through: conducting new-employee orientations; monitoring career-pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Work with local managers to determine training needs. Compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements. Recommend training programs and utilization to support employee and management development.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and follow-up to foster positive attitude toward company policies. Work with managers to develop proactive training plans that prepare employees to meet current and future business objectives.
- Ensure internal consistency and worth in administering job evaluations and compensation programs. Compose new and revised job profiles and recommend evaluations. Assist local managers with salary and wage administration to ensure pay consistency and equity.
- Assist managers with current issues with Worker's Compensation policies and procedures. Take lead role in ensuring that employees are returned to work as soon as possible. Monitor any and all restricted duty assignments. Review each claim to determine if corrective action is required.
- Management responsibilities include:
--Typically oversees professional employees/teams OR typically manages non-professional employees through Supervisors in manufacturing, distribution or office environments
--Day-to-day operations of a group of employees.
--May have limited budgetary responsibility and usually contributes to budgetary impact;
--Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects and develops.
--Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies.
--Provide general guidelines and parameters for staff functioning.
--Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 4 years of experience in Human Resources positions.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Experience applying thorough knowledge of human resource policies and procedures as well as federal and state laws.
- Experience reviewing and reconnecting on actions and with people to ensure the completion of the task.
- Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Position may require travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
PREF RRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- PHR or SPHR.
- Experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity