Kelly Services Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Portland, Oregon
Position Title: Material Handler Forklift Operator
Location: North Portland, OR
Pay Rate: $17-$18 Depending on Shift
Shift: Day, Swing, Grave - Monday-Friday
Day and Grave – Friday-Sunday
The Material Handler plays an important operational role in filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools and other stock items and distributing the items to production workers and also assembling customer orders from stock and placing orders on pallets or shelves and then conveying orders to packing stations or the shipping department. The individual in this role works closely with other warehouse and production team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
• Operate forklifts, fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distribute items to production workers
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves
• Conveys orders to packing stations or the shipping department
• Mark materials with identifying information
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
• Weigh or count items for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards
• Arrange stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other plant workers
• Minimum of one to two years of relevant experience in shipping/receiving, inventory and forklift operation
• Basic math and writing skills and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to multitask effectively in a constantly changing environment.
· Experience with hazardous materials strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with hazmat labeling and the segregation of chemicals by hazard class within a warehouse environment are a plus.
· Experience loading trucks with knowledge of proper trailer weight distribution that meets federal DOT requirements are also a plus.
· Experience with a SAP, PLEX, or other manufacturing MRP or ERP system is a plus
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs