Kiewit Equipment Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Requisition ID: 169902
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Equipment Services
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Entry Level Equipment Engineer, you will support Regional Construction & Mining operations. This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction and mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position’s main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
For this role, the start date is immediate.
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements
• Material handling and procurement
• Create and maintain tool/filter lists and documentation
• Inspections of equipment and parts
• Logistics management and communication
• Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting
• Planning and paperwork processing to prepare for critical lifts
• Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management
• Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety
• Specialty projects as needed
• Has obtained an undergraduate AS/ BS degree in Diesel/Automotive Technology, Heavy Equipment Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Construction Management
• 1+ year of experience with equipment is preferred
• 1+ year of experience with equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting is preferred
• Strong work ethic – Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on multiple projects at once while prioritizing tasks
• Willingness to travel and relocate as required
• Willingness to work in both office and field environments
• Knowledge of CAD modeling programs is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site or equipment yard in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs