Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. Buyer Associate in Portland, Oregon
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is expanding their Regional Purchasing Office in Portland, OR and we are looking for the right individuals to fill our Entry to Mid-Level Customers Service / Buyer positions. If you have a basic understanding of Supply Chain Management and Purchasing, coupled with a commitment for great customer service, this is the position for you!
As a Customer Service / Buyer Associate, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Placing purchase orders, expediting, and providing customer service functions
• Compilation and maintenance of information and records to prepare Purchase Orders
• Work closely with individual locations to ensure purchasing related questions/issues are addressed
• Maintain good customer and supplier relations
• Reconcile customer problems
• Contact vendors and suppliers for quotations
• Reconciliation of payable discrepancies
• Manage freight billing and audit processes
• Research specifications of products not clearly identified
• Enter and edit purchase orders and blanket order releases
• Ensure product file integrity and file maintenance
• Strong customer service skills
• Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, and above average math skills
• Ability to handle pressure and work effectively within deadlines
• Previous Buyer or Purchasing experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Logistics, Communications, or related field) preferred but not necessary
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (two plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson is a top-rated national wholesale supplier of commercial and residential plumbing supplies. However, our expertise goes far beyond the plumbing industry. We're a diverse distributor with business in multiple industries including waterworks, fire and fabrication, HVAC/R and more. Our customer-first approach has contributed to our growth from a local distributor to a national company with nearly $17-billion in annual sales. With more than 27,000 associates at over 1,400 locations, we take pride in providing world-class products and services to our customers.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC.
- Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. Jobs