Ross Stores, Inc. Store Protection Specialist in Port St. Lucie, Florida
Our values start with our people, join a team that values you!
We are the nation’s largest off-price retailer with over 2,000 stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary savings. All while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience.
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and evolving
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and our community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us because our differences make us stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.
Our Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7 distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7 billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing an inclusive work environment with continuous learning opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what’s in store: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
This position provides a visible presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by demonstrating ?ǣcommand?ǥ presence in a Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
Maintaining Safe & Secure Environment:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Provides visible ?ǣcommand?ǥ presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships:
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company dress code.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud:
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
Minimizing Operational Shortage:
- Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage reduction initiatives.
- Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers and Associates.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management?s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company?s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.