Acadia Healthcare Teacher-Special Education (Millcreek of Pontotoc) SUBSTITUTE in Pontotoc, Mississippi
Millcreek of Pontotoc is searching for a Special Education Teacher for the 2022-23 academic school year beginning in the fall. Must have a 221
Teach students basic academic, social, and other formative skills, through instruction in one or more subjects. Promote physical, mental and social development.
· Identify the educational needs of students then develop formal educational plan or program to meet those needs.
· Create lesson plans to teach a subject(s) and teach students how to study or communicate with others.
· Observe student to evaluate their educational abilities, strengths and weaknesses, working with them to improve their abilities and work on their weaknesses.
· Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups or one-on-one.
· Communicate with family members, counselors, administrators and other teachers on progress.
· Work with students individually to help overcome specific learning challenges, prepare students for standardized tests, as required by state.
· Document educational plans, goals and progress, as required by the facility and the state where the facility is located.
· Supervise classroom and maintain a positive environment for learning.
· Develop and enforce classroom rules and administrative policies.
· Supervise students outside of the classroom setting, such as at lunch time or during detention.
· Adhere to treatment plans and participate in treatment team meetings as requested.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
· Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Education or related field which is eligible for teacher certification or license within the state where the facility is located is required.
· One or more years’ experience working with population of the facility preferred.
· Must be knowledgeable of the developmental stages and behaviors for age group of students.
Safety Minded: Advanced
Problem Solving: Advanced
Written Communication: Advanced
Oral Communication: Advanced
Attention to Detail: Advanced
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Bachelors or better in Education
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)