Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in Plymouth, Minnesota
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 25% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman’s Weapons Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level III to support the Armament Systems/ Precision Weapons organization/business unit located in Plymouth, MN.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a group of program managers and their cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Leads an international production program and will direct all phases of VLSAS/VOLCANO munitions programs within the Barriers Lane portfolio from inception through completion. Responsible for reestablishing a production capability that has been dormant for a number of years. Experienced working with outside partners to ensure timely delivery of required production hardware. Overseas travel will be required. Responsible for leading the program team to manage the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
· Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
· Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
· Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
· Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
· Measuring and reporting program performance
· Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
· Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
· Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
· Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
· Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
· Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
· Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
· Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
· Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
· Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
· Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
· Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
· Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
· Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
· Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years, or Master’s and 8 years’ experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
· Three (3) years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
· Five (5) years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
· Capable of obtaining a Secret security clearance level
Desired experience with the Barriers Lane Products: Volcano, VLSAS, Spider, Man Portable, SLAM
Design and production of munitions, munition dispensers and overall munitions systems. Inspection & Testing (both Internal & External) of individual components through the end item system. Product Life Cycle Support (Training, Logistics & Maintenance). Familiarity with the Army Fuze Safety Review Board and Customer intimacy at USG PM-CSS, ARDEC and MSCoE, and others
· Business Acumen: The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
· Capture Management: Insight into customer technical and business (financial, political, cultural) requirements and the ability to shape customer expectations with a solution that satisfies their needs and is advantageous to the company.
· Communications: The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs
· Program Growth: The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support organizational objectives.
· Program Integration: The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
· Risk & Opportunity: The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
· Supplier & Subcontractor: The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that supports program goals and company strategy.
· Technical Performance: The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
· Customer intimacy: Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
Salary Range: $158,500.00 - $237,700.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 ( https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ ), we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021 or by your start date if it is after December 8th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.
- Northrop Grumman Jobs