LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions Diesel Technician in Pleasant Prairie,, Wisconsin
Diesel Mechanic – Pleasant Prairie WI
Rate of Pay:Starts -$27 P/H - Based on Exp.Full Time 2nd shift M-F 3:00PM - 11:30PM
We have Monday thru Friday and Tuesday thru Saturday schedule
Must be willing to work some OT
• High school diploma or GED• Three to Five years' experience and/or training in the automotive/diesel field
You will maintain proficiency in the diagnosis and repair of all assigned trailer equipment.
Determine trailer condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
Perform system repairs to include engines, transmission, air and hydraulic systems, tires, drive-train, steering and suspension, electrical.
Perform all preventive maintenance inspections, state and federal mandated safety inspections and complete repairs in accordance with DOT requirements.
Perform routine maintenance on refrigeration Carrier trailers, refrigeration systems
Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school or a minimum of 3 years of related experience as a diesel mechanic
Experience with Thermo King/Carrier trailer and APU experience Preferred
High school diploma or GED
Ability to read, write and speak English
Basic math skills
Strong diagnostic skills
The ability to frequently lift and/or move items weighing up to 75 pounds
A clean PSP/MVR
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Computer proficiency with MS Office and TMT
Able to pass pre-employment drug screen
Responsibilities include the following:• Diagnosing and repairing of defects on demand.• Performing routine maintenance on vehicles.• Performing state inspections.• Communicating with and utilizing customer maintenance-reporting systems.• Maintaining the cleanliness of the shop and parts room on customer's site.
• 401(k) • Dental insurance• Disability insurance• Health insurance• Paid time off• Retirement plan• Tuition reimbursement• Vision insurance
Specific benefit details will be discussed during interview phase with Hiring Manager.
• ASE program bonus: up to $13,500 - No ASE required to be hired. Company will pay for each ASE cert the Tech already has as well as for each ASE cert a tech acquires after hire.
• ASE certification sponsorships- Company will Pay for the test as well as pay for the employee to take the test.
• Up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement - Typically from Schools such as UTI, Lincoln Tech and or Jr. Colleges. Courses must be relative to the job you are performing and will be paid after minimal grade of B confirmed.
• Ask about our tool allowance- Must have own basic set of tools. Tool allowance will supplement your existing tools and is given annually
• Supportive, open-door management style. Ideas are welcome
• Boot & uniform allowance - Company will provide uniforms. Boot allowance provided annually.
• Factory training - Training on new engines and equipment provided as needed
• Mechanic recognition awards - Mechanic of the year awarded based on individual contribution and performance. Annual Company Trip awarded recipients
• Real advancement potential - TCompany is committed to promoting from within.
Submit to ttresumesubmittals
Connect With Us! (https://careers-launchtws.icims.com/jobs/22224/diesel-technician/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-336206052)
Call us at888.888.7195 (tel:888-888-7195) , Press Option 2 for a Recruiting Specialist.
Email us atRecruiting@launchtws.com
Job LocationsUS-WI-Pleasant Prairie,