Westinghouse Air Brake Technology Warehouse Worker in Plattsburgh, New York
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position receives, stores and distributes material and products within the warehouse and the facility ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Experience in safely operating warehouse equipment is a must.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Computer experience with MS Office and MRP systems.
- Ability to pick and stage material for work orders.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate system transaction or computer program.
- Experience with shipping, receiving and warehouse components are a must
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Assist/lead with the coordination of physical inventory counting.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Must have a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work independently and with coworkers
- Ability to lift 50 pounds over head.
- Complete various types of transactions within the MRP system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.