JPMorgan Chase SIEM Splunk Engineer in Plano, Texas
Specific responsibilities will include:
• 7+ years as a Splunk Engineer supporting security information and event management (SIEM) solutions
• Responsible for Architecture, Installation, Administration, Data onboarding, and Development of Splunk in a distributed Clustered environment
• Deep hands-on knowledge of Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security, including the SPL, Configuration management, and underlying infrastructure
• Manage stakeholder's expectations, onboard data into Splunk, and support Splunk Infrastructure in multi-site or clustered Splunk installations
• Supports Splunk capacity and performance analysis and provides configuration change and upgrade recommendations
• Proven extensive technical experience in Cybersecurity and Informational Technology
• Improve Splunk deployment via curtailing the data, optimizing reporting, reviewing, and tuning configurations, and enhancing search capabilities
• Develop custom Splunk TA's to meet stakeholder needs and Improves System efficiency
• Responsible for settings up the ingestion of various customer dataflows to include pre-processing data into a useable format
• Primarily look for areas to improve by the use of automation and process workflows
• Splunk troubleshooting of log-related problems
• Build automation, dashboards, correlations, key performance indicators, and other various Splunk knowledge objects to empower security operations by improving the quality of threat detection capabilities.
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly changing scenarios and are someone who sees 'ambiguity' as an opportunity rather than a hurdle
• Demonstrated success leveraging automation (e.g., Ansible, AWS, Terraform, Jenkins)
• Takes an active role in the daily standups and agile framework to ensure tasks are completed on time
• Provide support to junior engineers and train as needed
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or any combination of education and relevant experience
• Strong understanding of the underlying Splunk infrastructure and components
• Hands-on experience managing a large Splunk Distributed environment.
• Hands-on experience with Architecting, Administrating and Upgrading large Splunk Distributed environment
• Proficient at data onboarding activities, including custom parsing rules and custom Technology Add-On building according to Splunk's Common Information Model (CIM)
• Good understanding of SPL, Dashboard development, Accelerated searches, and other Knowledge objects
• Experience in creating and managing Splunk Knowledge objects(field extractions, macros, event types, CIM, data models, etc.,)
• Provide Splunk operational troubleshooting support and assist with complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires in depth evaluation of various factors
• Experience in building Splunk Technology Add-ons and configuring field extractions for various data sources
• Experience configuring indexes, index routing, retention policies etc
• Experience developing custom Splunk content, including scheduled searches, reports, dashboards, etc.
• Experience with Kafka Connect, HTTP Event Collector
• Experience with AWS or Azure OR GCP Cloud
• Experience with Ansible, GIT, Jenkins, Terraform
• Must have strong Linux system administration and engineering skills; must be very comfortable administering servers from the command line and working with configuration files
• Experience with Python, Linux shell scripting, and Regex
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to train and develop staff
• Ability to work collaboratively with a globally distributed team and willingness to learn new things
• Strong sense of self-motivation, ability to identify problems and develop solutions
• Excellent written and oral skills, ability to work closely with multiple customers, manage expectations, and track engagement scope
Preferred Certification: Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs