BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Forklift Operator - $1500 Sign On/Retention Bonus! in Plainfield, Indiana
Job Description Summary
The MHE Operator is responsible for the safe, accurate loading and unloading of product within the distribution center. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Inbound/Outbound shipments are to be loaded/unloaded utilizing the WMS. Any discrepancy between the inventory count and shipping/receiving documents are researched by inventory control to ensure inventory reconciliation. Applicable OS&D processes are followed.
• Ensure every effort is made to load/off-load pallets in a manner that promotes safety and impedes damages.
• Completes all assigned duties in a timely manner in accordance with department standards and following department procedures.
• Locates and retrieves products as well as replenishes picking locations.
• Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work instructions.
• Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP.
• Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• May be required to train new hires on various warehouse functions.
• Must adhere to attendance policies.
• Required to maintain current status in C2C training modules.
• Material handling equipment must be operated in a safe manner by designated associates only. All damage and/or maintenance issues must be reported immediately.
• Equipment must be kept neat and orderly in compliance with established procedures.
Safety and Security
• Associates are responsible for performing their job activities in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety requirements.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
• All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions must be reported immediately.
• Report any suspicious persons or activity.
• Understand organizational quality goals.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
• Maintain a clean and professional image.
• To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, follow guidelines as outlined.
• The associate must maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
• This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security plan and safety training.
• Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of absence or vacation.
• High School diploma, GED or 1 year of relevant experience required.
• Experience with MHE. Including but not limited to Order Pickers, Reach Trucks, Counter Balance (slip and clamp), and Dock Stocker.
• Ability to obtain a forklift certification
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment.
• Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanner.
• Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
• Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization skills.
• General distribution knowledge.
• The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation.
• Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all. Employee must have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have hearing sufficient to safely operate a forklift in a manufacturing/warehouse environment. This position requires a pre-employment physical exam.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA IN - Plainfield
US BD 2nd Shift 230pm-11pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Jobs