UPMC Nursing Assistant Trainee – Lawrenceville in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Join the team that’s providing the highest quality of care to seniors in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Communities has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact at our senior living facilities, where you’ll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
Are you passionate about helping others? If so, becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) could be for you!
• Learn the skills you need to take the CNA certification exam!
• Training is held Monday through Friday daylight hours during the first week.
• Includes classroom and clinical training
• Classes and exam fees are paid for by UPMC!
• Perfect attendance and punctuality for the CNA class is required.
• Promptly reporting to class as assigned
• Provide resident care under direct supervision of the Nursing Assistant Instructor
• Obtain assignment from Nursing Assistant Instructor
• Make rounds to all residents on assignment to make sure the resident has no immediate requests
• Meet resident needs as identified during rounds
• Consistently work cooperatively and pleasantly with all staff, residents, family members, and Nursing Assistant Instructor
• Follow Resident Rights policies at all times
• CNA trainee must maintain confidentiality of information at all times
• Breaks and lunches are scheduled as per the Nursing Assistant Instructor
• The Nursing Assistant Instructor is to make any adjustments to the schedule.
• All students are expected to follow all UPMC policies and procedures.
• Completion of class to prepare for PA nursing assistant certification exam.
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more
• High school graduate or GED preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification preferred
• Act 34 and Older Adult Protective Services Act clearance (when required) as needed
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- UPMC Jobs