Treasury Wine Estates Key Account Manager -North & Northeastern Thailand in Phuket, Thailand
Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the role is to play an important role in growing the TWE current wine portfolio as well as day to day management of distributor’s key channel stakeholders, managing the TWE business at the North and North-eastern territories of Thailand. The role holder will create the footprint to drive the customers in terms of distributions and promotional activities for TWE and ensure that the distributors/customers overachieve the budget plans.
The role holder will also work to ensure that TWE’s brands dominate the wine category in Thailand by maximising coverage of our brands and build direct relationships with key accounts and customers in the market. In addition, the role holder will provide key insights/market intelligence on the market.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
Play a leading role in ensuring that the customers achieve the goal objectives agreed with TWE:
• Win the heart and soul of our customers by being present, by inspiring them about our brands, by giving support and by improving capability
• Set the objectives and targets; establish marketing and promotional plans together with the distributors/customers
• Track performance against targets monthly and identify potential risks to the target
• Identify opportunities to mitigate any risks in budget.
• Ensure that the distribution plan is well executed and that our priority brands are available in all the relevant channels.
• Provide insights on the depletion of the brands by key customers.
• Develop direct customer relationship with top accounts in the region.
• Grow all our priority brands in the market and embed our regional strategy in the markets
• Assist to manage the Northern Thailand border business and uncover opportunities to accelerate brand’s growth.
Brand ActivationPlay a leading role in ensuring brand presence in outlets:
• Work on the promotional calendar of activities with the customers to ensure proper execution.
• Ensure best in class execution, and significantly ramp up our in-store availability and presence across all domestic channels and use shopper insights where relevant to drive category captaincy.
• Lead in markets, ahead of competitors and ensure proper execution of events and activities as well as driving the marketing agenda to increase brand awareness and brand engagement with consumers
Provide market intelligence:
• Gather and input competitor intelligence
• Pricing analysis of competitors’ products and ensure that we have the right positioning in the market for our brands
• Provide information on any gaps in the market
• Identify opportunities in the market to growing the TWE portfolio and recommending investment needs for future growth as appropriate.
• Presentation and communication of key issues impacting on the business
What are the key decisions made in this role?
Investment decisions in conjunction RM to grow our business and portfolio
Choice of portfolio and new product introduction
Investment in distribution expansion
Agreement on business plans and JUBP
Identify opportunities across all key traditional channels to expand TWE presence
What are the key challenges faced by this role in meeting goals/objectives?
• Working with the customers to focus on our wines given that they import many other wines in the market
• Challenging current practices and driving initiatives to maximise new opportunities
• Communication downwards and inwards with the both internal and external stakeholders
• Building effective relationships with the distributors’ team to influence business goals
• Building direct relationships with key customers even though we distribute through a third-party distributor
• Ensuring that all the marketing resources are available for proper market execution
• Ensuring coverage of the whole market to maximise opportunities and covering all distribution gaps
• Challenge the status quo at the distributors’ level wherever appropriate to drive the business forward
Key Relationships (Who does the role interact with?)
Sales - General Manager
Sales – Country Manager Thailand
Marketing – Head of Trade Marketing, Regional Customer marketing manager, Customer marketing manager, Brand Managers
Customer Service – Asia Customer Service and Export Manager
Finance – Commercial Finance Manager and Finance Director
Brand Ambassadors/ winemakers
Customers (Horeca and On-premise)
Qualifications and Experience:
Qualifications/ Memberships:Business related qualification
Experience, Competencies & Skills: Extensive and demonstrable commercial and marketing experience within a major FMCG company
Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
A proven track record of performance and delivery
Strong problem-solving skills
Brand building oriented
Ability to constantly drive profitability
Essential Functions (if applicable):
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and drive decision making
• Strong commercial acumen
• Wine knowledge and passionate about the industry
• Experience of complex and diverse market environments
Treasury Wine Estates
- Treasury Wine Estates Jobs