MMC Sr. Government Healthcare Actuary - R_249569-6153 in Phoenix, Arizona
This job was posted by https://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: https://www.azjobconnection.gov/jobs/6205642 Mercer is currently recruiting for a Sr. Government Healthcare Actuary to work in one of the following offices: Phoenix, Atlanta, or Minneapolis.
Sr. Government Healthcare Actuary
What can you expect?
- Be a part of the team that leverages our knowledge and expertise to help states manage the challenges and complexities of the health care world
What is in it for you?
- Be on the cutting edge of health care reform. Mercer GHSC partners with states and the Federal government on implementing a wide variety of health care and human services issues, including actuarial, data/systems analysis, clinical, policy, pharmacy, operations, and procurement
- On day one you\'ll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits in addition to a generous PTO package, as well as time off for community service.
We will count on you to:
- Serve as actuary on large, complex capitation rate setting and other actuarial projects.
- Under the direction of senior actuarial staff, work with team leaders to manage the scope of the project, support the design and implementation of rate structures and methodologies, and ensure consistency with federal regulations and actuarial standards.
- Develop the rate setting assumptions that are built into actuarial models and inform client and project teams on the impact of data and assumptions, and provide on-going review and guidance throughout the rate setting process.
- Collaborate with client and project teams to finalize rates and educate clients on the impact of their policies on the data and rates.
- Draft project communications, including rate certification letters and presentations, and act as actuarial authority that signs rate certification letters and other statements of actuarial opinion under the supervision of senior actuarial staff.
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree
- Actuarial credentials (ASA or FSA, MAAA) strongly preferred. We may consider otherwise qualified candidates that are close to receiving actuarial credentials.
- 3+ years minimum health actuarial experience, with 1+ years Medicaid actuarial experience
What makes you stand out:
- Medicaid actuarial experience (any state program, health insurer or Federal agency) or actuarial consulting experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience related to health plan analysis or capitated rate development is preferred, but not required
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer\'s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world\'s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of \$17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter \@Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and prof ssional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one \"anchor day\" per week on which their full team will be together in person.