Baker Tilly Seasonal Tax Advisor - Fully Remote and Flexible Hours! - 22349-7366 in Phoenix, Arizona
This job was posted by https://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: https://www.azjobconnection.gov/jobs/6205673 Overview
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory CPA firm, providing clients with a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world\'s leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 41,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of \$4.7 billion.
Please discuss the work location status with your Baker Tilly talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Any unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to Baker Tilly US, LLP, employee e-mail accounts are considered property of Baker Tilly US, LLP, and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized recruitment agency (\"search firm\") for Baker Tilly US, LLP, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by Baker Tilly\'s Talent Attraction team, to submit candidates for review via our applicant tracking system.
This position is seasonal
beginning January 2024 and ending April 2024. If you are interested in seasonal work and have a minimum of 2 years tax preparation experience, we\'d love to speak with you about joining our incredible team at Baker Tilly!
As a Customer Support Tax Expert, you will provide tax support and advice over video, phone, and chat, helping customers work on returns through designated software. You are not preparing or filing returns directly. You\'ll be able to leverage your knowledge and skills to ensure an excellent customer experience using your expertise in tax preparation, technology troubleshooting, and resolving tax issues.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are friendly and reassuring, passionate about customer service and problem resolution, and are comfortable interacting over video and chat (Dedicated hardwired internet connection required)
- You are an exceptional communicator and enjoy translating complex tax terminology into a language customers can easily understand
- You have technology experience and are comfortable researching tax topics using online tools
What you will do:
- Provide individualized troubleshooting, tax advice, and preparation assistance through video-enabled software and chat support by utilizing defined practices, procedures, and company policies
- Deliver accurate tax advice to customers in easy-to-understand terms by utilizing recommended research materials, professional resources, and team support
- Assist customers in gathering, organizing, and entering data through the designated software platform for federal and state tax returns
- Analyze and research a variety of tax matters to determine an appropriate course of action for customers
- Minimum of two (2) seasons of tax preparation experience, with a minimum of 30 tax returns prepared each year
- Prior tax preparation experience in a tax practice or retail setting
- College degree a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of tax laws, tax concepts and familiarity with the form 1040 and all schedules
- PTIN is required (can be obtained online)
- Willingness to utilize audio/visual tools to communicate with customers
- Strong problem solving and research skills, and the ability to quickly use online resources to find answers
- Well-developed technical troubleshooting skills
For California, Colorado, New York and Washington: The compensation range for this role is \$23 to \$27. Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, qualifications, and geographic location.