Honeywell Lead Systems Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in groundbreaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation. This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Communication, Navigation and Surveillance COE is actively searching for a Weather Radar expert, that has electrical engineering and digital signal processing background, to develop innovative signal processing techniques applicable to our latest radar products. This Radar Architect role, using an unique combination of systems engineering, RF, signal processing and meteorology analysis skills, is vital to enable market differentiation and introduction of new weather radar related features that will make our Radar products a winner in the ATR, BGA and the burgeoning UAM markets. The new generation of RDR-7000 held industry unique features such as the 3D volumetric scanning across an extensive detection range to create a complete, real-time view of weather from 0 to 60,000 feet and up to 320nm from the aircraft; RDR-7000 provides a comprehensive display of weather with intuitive indication of on-path vs off-path weather and hazardous weather (lightning icons and severe weather). We are now searching for the talent that will enable further breakthroughs in this product line that prevents today the #1 cause of commercial airplane passenger injuries and incidents, due to weather conditions such as turbulence, lightning, hail, etc.
We are looking for a creative individual who can apply their radar expertise to advancing Honeywell’s world-class radar technologies and products. Join a multi-disciplinary team that develops and deploys advanced radar technologies to provide solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will be an integral key part of advancing Honeywell’s radar technologies and products and defining the direction of technology and product evolution. You will use your radar expertise to evaluate and develop new technologies to apply to airborne radar systems used worldwide. You will work across disciplines within the Honeywell Aerospace business to drive growth and reach critical business milestones.
• Apply radar expertise, knowledge, tools, and principals to develop
• Work closely with hardware, software and systems experts.
• Leverage technology across adjacent markets
• Systems architect responsible for System Design & Development, Integration and Signal Processing Algorithms of Radar systems.
The ideal candidate has a commitment to aviation safety, technical and professional excellence, a commitment to customer satisfaction and growth, demonstrates leadership and delivers on results, has a global mindset and is able to foster teamwork and diversity, demonstrates personal and professional integrity, has strong oral and written communication skills, is able to work across functional boundaries at multiple levels, and can establish strong working relationships within internal/external customers and the certification agencies
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or Science
• 7+ years of experience in the aerospace industry developing avionic/weather radar products
• Experience as a system lead
• Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status
• Masters’ Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Radar products and development lifecycle
• Meteorology background and experiences
• Experience in aviation weather hazards
• Understanding of Weather Radar Systems
• Academic background or extensive experience in Radar Theory, Design and Applications
• Extensive experience in Digital Signal Processing Design
• Extensive knowledge of Avionics Sensors
• Advanced knowledge of systems development lifecycle
• Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
• Leading diverse and global team
• Expert with systems
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
• Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
• Multi-tasking ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks and people
• Making autonomous decisions
• Significant engineering experience
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs