Encore Event Technician, Audio Visual- Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona
With the momentum of the events and meetings industry increasing so rapidly, Encore is looking to build our talent community within this market. If you are looking to restart your career, your timing is perfect as we are restarting our business. Apply today to be considered for future opportunities!
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
• Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
• Works with clients to finalize invoices.
• Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
• High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
• Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per Encore Technical Skillset Matrix within 180 days (Technical Skill Set Matrix or @Encore/HR/Global Learning).
• 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
• Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
• Safety Conscious
• Action Oriented
• Tech Savvy
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Encore Jobs