Amazon Web Services Data Center Technician, JWCC in Phoenix, Arizona
As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting hardware based problems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve a range of datacenter infrastructure issues including, but not limited to: hardware, fiber, networking, and related problems. With increased knowledge and experience you become an escalation point for junior technicians and become responsible for creating and maintaining documentation on technologies you support. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You understand common IT principles like computer architecture and the OSI model and are able to apply them to finding solutions to problems. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Shift work is required. This position will fill an opening at one of multiple separate sites. This position may involve a night shift.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance. In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
Associate's degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
2+ years of experience with server hardware
1+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
· Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
· Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
· Education: Associate's degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Ability to lift up to 40lbs and worked in a cramped and/or elevated environment
· *IT Hardware and concepts
· - RAID, SAN, x86 Architecture, SCSI
· *Linux Administration
· - Command Line Interface
· - Boot Process
· - GRUB/LILO
· - File Systems
· - Network device and protocol configuration
· - Directory Structure
· - Performance Management/Troubleshooting
· - Base Operating System Install
· - Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
· - Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
· - Protocols
· - OSI Model
· - Copper and Fiber Optic Testing and Cabling Standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs