Honeywell Assistant Entity Controller in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a mid-level Professional in Intercompany Accounting, the successful candidate will manage and reconcile Aerospace intercompany transactions for US and Canadian sites. Working in a team environment, the individual will develop the knowledge and experience to reconcile and manage intercompany transactions. The team continually evaluates our standard processes, so there are many opportunities to contribute to improvements and demonstrate technical skills.
· Learn the principles of Accounting for intercompany and cash transactions
· Reconcile intercompany receivables and payables
· Manage the intercompany suspense process and accounts
· Load the Aero interco balance into tool
· Reconcile BMG netting and inter-divisional transfers
· Manage the control clearing
· Support monthly journal entries, Accounting Close and Account Reconciliation processes
· Complete quarterly/annual schedules that feed Accounting Footnotes
· Support external and internal audits and Balance Sheet Reviews
· Implement and manage change when necessary to meet team goals
· Conduct financial due diligence and apply accounting procedures while also gathering and analyzing data
· Seek methods to enhance overall efficiency and performance
· Think Globally, work closely with support teams, and other regions
· Share knowledge and ensure consistency as we bring additional site support under the Phoenix RFC.
· Review, analyze, streamline and standardize department processes, work instructions, business practices
You Must Have
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
· Minimum 4 years of directly related accounting/financial analysis experience
· Due to defense contract related work, must be a U.S. Citizen
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and business processes
· Strong written and verbal communications skills, with ability to quickly and positively influence others
· Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with customers/personnel at all organizational levels in independent and often stressful and ambiguous situations
· Project management skills; ability to effectively participate and/or lead projects/teams
· Effective listening skills, and flexibility in approach to solutions
· Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making and organization skills
· Innovative; focus on process improvement
· Ability to work flexible hours to meet monthly/quarterly closing requirements
· Experience in Excel and Access
· SAP Experience preferred
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs