Honeywell Advanced Project Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that performs development, qualification and production tests of gas turbine engines. On the E&PS T55 Growth Test team you will participate in the development and certification of Honeywell’s largest shaft gas turbine engines. You will have the opportunity to work in some of the most complex test environments within Honeywell. You will help maintain and develop component and engine test capabilities. You specifically own the project management of industry standard waterbrake dynamometers for baselevel and altitude test facilities. This role entails working with a supplier to ensure the design and procurement meet requirements and program schedule needs. You will be expected to actively participate on a high performing team while driving continuous improvements and exceeding your customer’s expectations. You will lead by example through your work ethic and application of a broad range of engineering skills. You will help drive a positive, inclusive culture. Your knowledge and hands on skills will be used in rewarding work that ensures millions of humans continue to safely travel the open skies.
Position Responsibilities :
· Part time project engineering support of test equipment requirements, design and procurement
· Part time gas turbine engine test engineer. Role will become full time test engineer once test equipment is all procured and transferred to the facility team
· Engine test requirements and compliance ownership
· Plan, manage, and execute development, safety of flight, and qualification engine builds & tests.
· Workflow management via the Work Request System (WRS) – includes coordination with all Test Services functions, other Honeywell partners and outside suppliers at times
· Development and execution of Continuous Improvement initiatives in response to internal suggestions as well as Lessons Learned and the Voice of the Customer
· Support estimates for new engine tests/programs
· Build and leverage a strong network. Have a bias for following, improving and developing standard processes and best practices
· Demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of turbine engine systems, test facilities, engine assembly instructions, and engine test planning and management
· Communicate effectively with peers, customers, suppliers and leadership
· Demonstrate strong project management skills (plan – execute – escalate)
You Must Have:
· Must be US Citizen, due to ITAR and Export Control restrictions
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in a mechanical test environment
· Hands on mechanical system or sub-system test experience
· Mechanical tinkerer
· Automotive or other mechanical system experience
· Bachelors degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering preferred
· Gas turbine engine and/or engine component test experience desired
· Working knowledge of IPDS and the Test Lead and Project Engineer roles
· Working knowledge of instrumentation and measurement systems desired
· Demonstrated comfort working with complex systems (mechanical, fluid flow, hydraulics, pneumatics, data and automation)
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a team while being able to make decisions, balancing risks and rewards
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs