Honeywell Advanced Project Engineer - AERO Engineering Hardware Management Team in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell Engineering Hardware Management Team (EHMT). You will partner with world class engineers, leaders and cross functional teams to manage the development hardware processes, develop program schedules and milestones, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity. You will help coordinate SAP demand entry, act as a liaison between engineering groups, new product sourcing, suppliers and manufacturing, and provide data reporting for both internal and external customers. Overall, you will help improve Project Engineering schedule fidelity and milestone compliance for development hardware.
· Generate and manage hardware orders within SAP
· Coordinate the reporting requirements with Program leads
· Coordinate material expedites, prioritization, allocation
· Reconcile budget forecast for hardware spend with actual hardware plan.
· Reconcile actual program hardware expense with deliveries.
· Manages portfolio of orders on a program and SAP transactions.
· Provide material availability and status reports for material delivery
· Validate Engineering Project demand aligned with program budgets
· Work with the ISC to ensure all NPD demand is maintained in project stock
· Work with ISC to ensure plant stock orders are moved plant inventory
· Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt.
· Customer relationships
· Estimation development and analysis
· Cost development
· Budget analysis
· Metric development/reporting
· Risk/OPP development and management
· Vendor interface
· Project Performance
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
· Min 5+ years’ experience in Engineering or Project Management
· Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or have protected status
· Experience in Project or Systems Engineering
· Experience with SAP and EBP or other Enterprise procurement software
· Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Passion for Winning and Bias for Action
· Create specific action plans
· Enhance customer relationships
· Understand technology
· Program management skills
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
· Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
· Demonstrated Earned Value Management skills
· Good communications skills and can work well in a team environment
· Project creation and management ‐ Project scheduling and financial reporting.
· Database Mgmt. ‐ Ad hoc reporting (excel, access, PowerPoint).
· Visual Basic in Microsoft Excel
· Teamcenter, ECR/ECO Process, EBOM, SCS/ASL
· Experience in working cross‐functionally with a larger Engineering Organization and multiple sites highly desired
· Adept at SAP problem solving; effective decision making and innovation
· Driven to product improvement; responsive; has a service mentality; achieves quality results
· Promote customer satisfaction with capability to establish strong business and interpersonal relationships with customers and suppliers including internal Honeywell Aerospace centers of excellence (COE)
· Able to prioritize and resolve conflicting due dates
· Prioritizes time and resources effectively
· Ability to execute to cost, schedule and technical requirements
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs