Honeywell $10k sign on bonus - Lead Fuel System Engineer – Hybrid work schedule in Phoenix, Arizona
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell is not just about developing cool things. Our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We looking for an experienced fuel control system engineer who aims to achieve long-term technical and leadership growth. Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking a technical leader who is passionate about ensuring that current and developing fuel control systems meet the evolving needs of our customers. As a lead fuel system engineer, you will have direct impact on the development and integration of fuel control systems across our portfolio of propulsion gas turbine engines. You will serve as a technical focal point for internal stakeholders, a mentor to lesser experienced engineers, and a consultant to leadership on technical matters. Preferred candidates will have previous fuel control system development experience, especially for gas turbine or internal combustion engine applications. Additionally, working knowledge of control systems, control system accessory components, and/or previous experience as technical or engineering manager are desirable.
· Disciplined requirements-based engineering of the fuel control system requirements, including:
o Requirements analysis
o Requirements decomposition
o Requirements validation and verification
o Change management
· Technical leadership and contributions to:
o System requirement development
o Fuel control system and component requirement development
o Fuel control hardware component design
· Effective coordination and communication with:
o Multi-disciplinary requirements and design teams
o Systems engineering teams
o Project management organizations
o Internal customers
· Strategic re-use of requirements and features across multiple programs
· Continuous improvement in development cost and time efficiency
· Technical mentorship of developing engineers
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· Minimum 8 years professional engineering experience
· Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
· Background in fuel control system engineering and requirements development
· Working knowledge of gas turbine engines
· Proficiency with IBM Rational DOORS and requirement based engineering
· Working knowledge of ARP4754A and DO-178C development processes
· Working knowledge of the product development lifecycle
· A track record of life-long learning and development
· The ability to quickly analyze and apply new information and concepts
· Experience leadership in diverse and global teams
· Professional qualities of self-motivation, the ability to work with little supervision, and initiative to get things done
· The ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks, situations, and people
· The courage to autonomous decisions using professional engineering judgement
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs