Baker Tilly Summer 2024 State & Local Tax Internship in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory CPA firm, providing clients with a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 41,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.7 billion.
Please discuss the work location status with your Baker Tilly talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Are you looking to gain experience and jump-start your accounting career?
Do you want to build your professional network at a coast-to-coast firm?
As a State & Local Tax Intern at Baker Tilly (BT), you will deliver tax advisory and compliance services to clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT offers you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if you:
- Are considering a long-term career in public accounting and want exposure to the industry
- Value your development and want to work for a firm whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- Want to grow professionally and develop your client service and technical accounting skills to build a strong foundation now, for tomorrow
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in state and local taxation
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in the multi-state tax area by working on various projects including, but not limited to, conducting research and preparing memorandum on SALT issues (for individuals, corporations, and flow-through entities), assisting in M&A due diligence, voluntary disclosure programs, and various compliance matters
- Experience projects involving sales and use taxes, realty transfer taxes, income / franchise taxes, gross receipts taxes, real and personal property taxes, excise taxes, taxes imposed on local level, and unclaimed property
- Assist with addressing issues and questions for internal clients and potential prospects
- Participate in our intern orientation, technical training and development program designed to provide the tools needed to contribute to client engagements
- Experience on-the-job training through real work engagements, showcasing how your academic experience translates to the professional environment
- Learn directly from experienced associates, seniors, managers and partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Build friendships and strong work relationships while gaining valuable experience
- Demonstrate your performance and ability to join Baker Tilly as a full-time associate
Successful candidates willbe:
- Enrolled as a student during the current school year in an accounting, law, or related business program, with sufficient course work and credits to sit for the CPA and/or Bar exam in the state you are being considered before beginning full-time employment
- Ableto workfulltimefor the duration of the internship
- There is currently no immigration sponsorship available for this position
Suc essful candidates will have:
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization desired
- The abilityto work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
Proficiencywith Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)