Community College of Philadelphia Success Coach, Catto Scholarship in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Posting Details Position Information *Position Title * Success Coach, Catto Scholarship *Requisition Number * SCA00734 *General Description * The Catto Scholarship is a "last dollar" opportunity that includes multiple evidence-based supports to help students achieve academic success. The Success Coach will provide a broad range of supportive services including, but not limited to, on-going intensive case management; facilitating connections to campus academic, social-emotional, basic needs, and transfer and career resources and activities in a concerted effort to best facilitate academic and personal success to ensure retention and on-time graduation for all Catto Scholarship students. *College Intro * Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals. *Specific Responsibilities * • Create individualized success plans (ISP) with and for each Catto Scholarship student on assigned caseload.
• Regularly monitor and document students' progress and level of participation in required programming toward meeting benchmarks and maintaining Catto Scholarship eligibility.
• Assess the students' need for services and supports and coordinate the connection to relevant departments for enrollment and financial aid issues, academic advising and educational support services, counseling, 4-year transfer opportunities and career development resources and basic needs resources and supports.
• Facilitate and track the distribution of Catto Scholarship food, book and transportation stipends for each Catto Scholar student on assigned caseload.
• Monitor the usage of Catto Scholarship food, book and transportation stipends for each student on assigned caseload for data collection, reporting and budget purposes.
• Actively participate in Student Assistance Team (SAT) meetings with Catto Scholarship Office staff to regularly review student progress and identify and address the mitigation and removal of barriers impacting retention and completion.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of the Catto Scholarship bridge program.
• Assist in monthly data collection, assessment and reports.
• Assist in the recruitment, enrollment and orientation of new Catto Scholarship students, as needed.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and implement programming and policies leading to student retention and academic outcomes.
• Participate in professional development activities specific to job responsibilities.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned. *Minimum Qualifications * • Bachelor's degree in education, social services or related field required.
• Two (2) years direct experience working in an education or social service environment along with experience working with culturally diverse populations required.
• Experience working with individual caseloads of students/clients providing intensive case management required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Previous experience in creating and facilitating quality workshops and presentations for groups required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Exceptional organization and planning skills required.
• Ability to work in a close team environment and collaborate with others required. *Preferred Qualifications * • Master's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
• Experience working remotely to engage students and accomplish tasks preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish, as well as social media platforms, preferred.
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of student programming leading to increased retention and academic outcomes preferred.
• Proficient in managing budgets preferred. Work Location *Main Campus *Benefits Summary * *Benefits:
"Success Starts Here" at Community College of Philadelphia. We recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Full-time faculty and staff benefits include:
• College-paid medical, dental, drug, life and disability insurance
• Tuition remission (for classes at the college)
• Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
• 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution with employee contribution 5%
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation, holiday and personal time
• Partial remote work schedule for remote work eligible positions
Additional College benefits:
• Winter break: 1 week around the third week in December and New Years
• Spring Break: 1 week i