Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc. Customer Engagement Manager, Epilepsy and Movement Disorders (Mid Atlantic) (Rem in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reference #: 11086 If you are a Jazz employee please apply via the Internal Career site Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter. The Customer Engagement Manager (CEM) fosters partnerships with National and Regional thought leaders to develop patient advocacy, optimize educational interchange and interpret/share market insights to effectively advance brand strategy. The goal is to create a positive Thought Leader experience that will differentiate Jazz Pharmaceuticals from peers within the Epilepsy and Movement Disorders field. This is a field-based position reporting to the Sr. Director, Customer Engagement. Our focused interactions are with physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, and fellows. This position will work cross functionally with Sales, Sales Training, Marketing, Compliance, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Long-Term Care. Ability to travel is up to 75%.
Key Responsibilities Identify, develop, and connect scientific thought leaders that will elevate and advance the epilepsy treatment paradigm Drive cross functional (Sales, Marketing, Medical, Advocacy and Home Office) coordination to align resources / stakeholders and remove KOL barriers enabling Epilepsy Center & Movement Disorder loyalty and KOL Product adoption. Track and manage budgets for areas of responsibility. Map regional influence networks. Identifying and connecting brand champions with non-loyalists, up and coming thought leaders and new physicians entering the field from fellowship programs.
Regional Planning and Coordination Drive internal steering committee establishing individual strategies for KOL development within the respective region. Partner on the development of and conduct regional, Community Education Programs. Coordinate, lead and maximize coverage of local/regional, professional congresses and advocacy events. Plan and facilitate approved residency & fellowship enhanced education to expand disease state education amongst HCPs. Identify ways for regional medical centers to partner or support the identification of rare epilepsy patients. Participate as a lead team member in appropriate Managed Markets initiatives that allow for greater access. Use knowledge of reimbursement process and managed health care systems both internally and externally to enable an understanding of the financial barriers that KOL face when starting new patients. Partner on identifying appropriate KOL for presentations and discussions (i.e., POA, HCP symposiums). Support the NAM's and ARM's in developing annual business plans. Participate in the annual brand planning process by providing key insights on trends, market dynamics and tools needed (i.e., new journal articles and micro-presentations) to achieve brand goals.
Key Opinion Leader Engagement & Development Build advocacy with KOLs by utilizing on label, Legal and Regulatory approved materials to support the brand and commercial strategy. Identify areas of shared purpose where Jazz and KOLs can focus to bring value to the larger epilepsy community. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Neurology (epilepsy and movement disorders) medical community includin academic centers, teaching institutions and related physicians with a scientific approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions. Seek out, foster, and cultivate the highest level of home office and regional relationship interactions to assess and communicate additional market opportunities, as well as create and participate in programs necessary to effectively enhance these opportunities (i.e., advisory boards, pilot programs, speaker programs, congress meetings, 1:1 meetings, podium observations.) Identify new and engaging ways to support peer to peer interactions.
Insight Generation & Sharing Act as disease state and product expert to internal and field stakeholders to enable better understanding of the disease and treatment of the disease to help drive KOL product adoption and loyalty. Develop plans to include clear objectives and key discussion points in all customer-facing activities at major professional congresses such as AES and CNS. Facilitate interactions at congresses between KOL and Jazz's Senior Management Pre-launch account profiling to understand treatment dynamics and identify influential KOLs who have interest in working with Jazz.
Speaker Bureau Development Assist with identification, nomination training and monitoring of speakers. Work with field and headquarter based colleagues to identify, contract and train promotional speakers. Provide feedback to speakers on clinical aptitude, delivery of appropriate material and fair balance content. Provide feedback to each speaker once a year. Manage speaker capacity decisions. Work collaboratively with Medical, Marketing, Sales, and physicians to gain feedback on educational value and speaker program effectiveness. Evolve appropriate change based on feedback.
EDUCATION LEVEL AND LANGUAGES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree in business or science preferred.
- English required; other language skills may be considered a plus.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8-10 or more years field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Experience in the Neurology, Epilepsy, and specialty pharmaceuticals highly desirable.
- Experience in institutional sales and/or large account selling a plus.
- Experience launching product(s), service(s) a plus.
- Scientific or clinical background a plus.
- Significant recent U.S. experience managing a brand in a variety of places in the life cycle
- Experience in healthcare professional and patient/consumer marketing a plus
- A proven track record in influencing without authority is required
- Knowledge of customer loyalty and/or customer satisfaction measures and their integration into business dimensions of people and process. Ability to identify themes and data and make strong recommendations towards improvement in customer satisfaction and retention
- Strong knowledge of the reimbursement environment for pharmaceutical products, specifically Medicare related challenges* Experience in specialty, Neurology and Multiple Sclerosis Markets, Experience in niche market and competitive environments
- Understanding of Patient-focused advocacy within associated HIPAA regulations necessary
- Experience in affiliate commercial operations a plus (sales, market research)
- Current understanding of pharmaceutical and promotional rules and regulations
- Knowledge and application of data sources, reports, and tools to apply to account plan designs and measures of results for the strategies and tactics implemented.
- Intermediate to Advanced