Baker Tilly Banking Internal Audit Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
The Internal Audit Senior Consultant is responsible for the coordination and completion of technical work on client engagements involving internal controls and assessment of risk while maintaining positive client relationships. This position provides creative and objective guidance for proactive, year-round planning to minimize client liabilities while complying with local, state, federal and/or international laws. This position is responsible for providing exceptional client service, demonstrating commitment to continuous learning, appropriately displaying ethical knowledge and practices and for exhibiting a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and timely completion of duties.
- Plan and execute internal audits of all activities within financial institution clients.
- Assist with managing client relationships to deliver quality services and products.
- Provide project management and oversight for client service schedules.
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budgets.
- Delegate to Staff Consultants as appropriate.
- Participate on project teams providing Internal Audit & Risk services to include but not limited to:
- Internal Audit Outsourcing/Co-sourcing.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA Compliance.
- Regulatory Compliance and BSA Audits.
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and evaluation of controls over operations, financial reporting, and compliance with applicable rules, laws, and regulations.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise.
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state and federal laws and practices and advise new strategies and programs.
- Provide extensive, in-depth knowledge of field to others.
- Other duties/Special Projects:
- Train, review and evaluate staff, as needed, provide timely feedback.
- Participate in special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CPA, CIA, CAMS, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience of Internal Audit and/or Regulatory Compliance experience required (either within the Banking industry or within a Professional Services Firm).
- Prior Regulatory Compliance experience such as BSA/AML, Reg. Z, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, etc.
- Must be able to operate independently from time to time.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Knowledge of risks and internal controls.
For California, Colorado, New York and Washington: The compensation range for this role is $78,840 to $167,130. Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, qualifications, and geographic location.