Penn Medicine Advisory Solutions Architect in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Advisory Solutions Architect
Job ID :100899
Job Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Specialty Area: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telec
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine Entity: Corporate Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3600 Civic Center Blvd
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Advisory Solutions Architect is the primary authority for all solutions architecture, including planning, design, strategy and maturity of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. This role provides strategic vision and technical oversight of IT infrastructure while working closely with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and alignment opportunities. The Advisory Solutions Architect possesses strong skillsets in several technical domains, including storage, systems, networking, security, and platform.
• Develops and maintains current and planned architectural blueprints and roadmaps related to infrastructure architecture.
• Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
• Designs and develops infrastructure to support business-critical applications and services.
• Assists in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
• Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution.
• Conducts advanced research on new technologies and techniques, providing recommendations and roadmaps for implementation.
• Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
• Defines, publishes and promotes best practices, standards and policies related to IT Infrastructure.
• Works closely with IT and business stakeholders, developing strong professional relationships while carrying out the mission of aligning to and enabling the business.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience in Information Technology required.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications Preferred:
• MSCE: Server Infrastructure
• MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• MCSA: Office 365
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) or + (CCNP/CCIE)
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with IT and operations management to perform business, process or workflow problem analysis
• Demonstrated written communication skills
• Strong planning skills
• Strong Microsoft Office, Project, Visio skills
• Working knowledge of IS and business operations within healthcare and/or academic medicine
• Experience in security framework alignment and program metrics, KPI’s, and executive reporting
• Experience with budget and vendor management
Additional Information :
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services (http://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs