MicroTechnologies Mission Systems Administrator in Pentagon, Virginia
MicroTech is seeking a personable, highly motivated Systems Administrator with a wide breadth of IT knowledge and DoD specific work experience to perform technical and administrative support; to oversee security, maintenance, and stability of the client’s server enclave and Active Directory environment. The server environment is comprised of several blade servers running VMware ESXi and Windows server virtual machines utilizing enterprise managed storage. Candidate is expected to possess good social, interpersonal, written and verbal skills to effectively interact with the PM, fellow team members, and the client to proactively troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate server, application, security, and Active Directory related issues. The successful candidate must be a team-player, able to work with a diverse group of application developers and other technical/professional staff members in a dynamic environment; but who can also work independently with minimal supervision to meet client deadlines and expectations supporting independent production, staging, and test environments.
• Perform regular server and software maintenance applying DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), IAVAs, SRRS, anti-virus updates, Windows Updates and other required security controls
• Responsible for the oversight and task management associated with the day to day operations, security, configuration, and sustainment of the client’s physical and virtual infrastructure.
• Work closely with application development team to resolve issues related to the development and staging environment
• Assist the PM in maintaining compliance with applicable DoD Cybersecurity regulations such as Cybersecurity Assessment Visits (CAV) and the Command Cybersecurity Readiness Inspection (CCRI) program audits
• Provide the PM and the client with technical guidance, assistance and leadership with engineering type projects
• Assist with evaluating new technologies and making recommendations for upgrading or replacing existing solutions to keep up with technology trends and industry best practices
• Maintain an accurate network topology (physical and logical topology drawings) along with detailed equipment and software inventories
• Ensure data is backed up; regularly test and validate recovery capabilities to ensure disaster recovery is maintained
• Assist with maintaining the agency’s Approval to Operate (ATO) based on Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines
• Assist in the development and preparation of SOPs, user guides, reports, memoranda, and other proprietary correspondence and documentation
• Serve as the client’s Trusted Agent (TA) to assist the agency with SIPR Token administration
• Assist the PM with development of team member and end-user training
• Occasionally provides support outside normal duty hours for mission critical applications either remotely or onsite as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
• DoD Secret Clearance Required (Interim Secret may be acceptable)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other IT related major
• CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent needed to meet DoD 8570 requirements
• Solid background in IT systems management/administration/engineering
• Must have good problem solving and critical reasoning skills
• Good interpersonal communications, both oral and written
• Knowledge and experience working within a PKI based infrastructure (CAC/PIV utilization)
• Knowledge of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
• Knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS)
• Proficient with the full MS Office Suite of productivity
External Company URL: http://www.microtech.net/