HCA, Hospital Corporation of America EKG Technician PRN in Pensacola, Florida
West Florida Healthcare is a 515 bed facility and proud to be the area's leading health care facility in quality outcomes performance. West Florida Healthcare is also the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. West Florida Healthcare is also the first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. In addition, West Florida Healthcare is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and offers specialized Emergency Department services tailored specifically to the needs of seniors as well as a Kids' ER dedicated to serving the emergency medical needs of children. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital, the area's only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital, and a behavioral health facility. Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare meets the community's healthcare needs in major services such as cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, oncology, orthopedics, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care, neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health, gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative medicine.
Position Summary: Performs noninvasive cardiac procedures including EKG’s, GXT’s, and stress tests. Collaborates with other members of the health care delivery team to deliver quality healthcare.
- Completes documentation of all procedures and prepares EKG’s for Physician reading.
- Responsible for downloading and retrieving EKG’s from MUSE EKG management system.
- Works varying assignments and adapts to schedule changes as needed including call shifts and call back for procedures.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff, and physicians.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: Vocational or technical education Preferred Clinical experience with scanning and patient interaction Preferred
Licenses & Certifications: Basic Cardiac Life Support – AHA or Military Training Network required EKG Certification within 12 months of hire required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: Reads and writes English required Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner needs and concerns required Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook required Displays a positive attitude required Psychosocial skills required Teambuilding skills required Effective Time Management Skills required Exemplifies C.A.R.E.S. Standards of Behavior required
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: EKG Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Pensacola-West Florida Hospital
Requisition ID: 00060-10582