Thompson Holdings, Inc. CEI Project Engineer (945406) in Pelham, Alabama
Thompson Engineering is seeking aConstruction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Assistant Project Engineer/Managerfor the Birmingham, AL location. Time will be spent supporting the project and construction managers to ensure that construction inspection, documentation and materials testing on projects are completed correctly and in accordance with applicable standards and specifications.
The assistant project engineer/manager will support as a point of contact with the client to ensure that each project is executed efficiently and effectively. In addition, they will support in assigning inspectors and field technicians to projects, assuring that all are properly trained and equipped and have necessary certifications to perform inspection on construction projects; assists with investigating issues that arise on projects, gathering and analyzing data to develop recommendations; performs routine construction project inspections to monitor quality of service.
- Read and interpret construction documents including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications, standards, and shopping drawings.
- Perform oversight of field inspections, observations testing of construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications in accordance with established procedures
- Represents Thompson Engineering and interacts in a professional manner with client, teaming partner firms and subcontractor representatives
- Understands, applies and oversees safety requirements in the field
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years of experience
- Bachelor\'s Degree required
- EIT certification is preferred
- Motivated to obtain a professional engineering license within 5 years of graduation
- Experience and demonstrated ability working within established standards, policies and procedures of appropriate State Transportation agencies is desired
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment and initiative
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver\'s license and insurable driving record
- Projects will be primarily located across the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa areas
- Overtime and overnight stays may be required
- Fieldwork will occasionally be required
- Will be required to follow all applicable health and safety procedures associated with work environment
Thompson Engineering was formed in 1953 to provide quality assurance for construction projects related to industrial, infrastructure, and community development. As a drilling, materials testing, construction inspection, and chemistry laboratory firm, we supported the engineering and construction industry. Our early years were building blocks that allowed us to get our feet wet - literally - performing services along the Gulf Coast\'s rivers, bayous, and streams.
Today, Thompson Engineering is known for leadership on projects defining skylines, coastlines, and transportation lines. We support clients in the industrial, commercial, transportation, federal, and municipal markets. While we are still one of the first companies on project sites conducting environmental assessments, land surveys, and geotechnical studies, our design teams are close behind. We now deliver cutting-edge solutions to complex infrastructure and building requirements. And our project management and construction management services mean we are often one of the last teams to leave. From start to finish, we are a proven leader in the planning, design, and construction of major transportation, economic development, and waterfront projects across the Southeast.
Thompson Engineering and Watermark Design Group are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V. Pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record checks are required.