Arizona Department of Economic Security Airport Operations Specialist in Peach Springs, Arizona
This job was posted by https://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: https://www.azjobconnection.gov/jobs/6342908
*Position Summary:\ *
Primary responsibility is to provide Maintenance and other support services to the Grand Canyon West Airport; secondary responsibility is to provide aid in emergency situations. Typical duties include painting, grounds keeping, mowing, road repair, heavy equipment operation and maintenance, repair of runways and airport facilities and snow removal. Interpret operating, maintenance and repair manuals. Provide quality customer service while following OSHA procedures and policies. Airport communications, airport driving, and compliance with FAA regulations. Remaining certified and providing Airport Rescue Firefighting services when needed. Participate in training regularly; both required and optional certifications provided by the company require a signed training agreement.\ \
*Duties & Responsibilities:\ *
- Suggest recommendations to Lead on progress improvements for progressive maintenance programs.
- Perform maintenance and repair of equipment, structures, vehicles, machinery and runways at the Grand Canyon West Airport. This may include painting, grounds keeping, mowing, road repair, snow removal, heavy equipment operation and maintenance, repair of runways, lights, signage and airport facilities. Operate heavy equipment during execution of duties.
- Monitor the condition, identify repair needs and maintain logs of maintenance and repair activities for equipment, machinery, vehicles, runways and structures.
- Interpret and translate into action information provided by maintenance and repair manuals, either online or in the physical manuals.
- Read, interpret and apply the policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations to assigned programs and functions related to the Airport and emergency services.
- Complete Airport Firefighting and Rescue training, participating in annual fire drills.
- Attend FAA/AAAE Basic Airport Safety and Operations Specialist School or equivalent in-house program.
- May be required to aid in emergency situations.
- Maintain maintenance equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Label, dilute and use all chemicals in a proper manner. Always follow OSHA policies and procedures.
- Answer visitor/tourists questions, gives directions, share information about GCW, the Hualapai history and culture, etc.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.Knowledge and Abilities:
- Two or more years of general maintenance experience required.
- Ability to physically complete and have the knowledge to perform maintenance, repair, firefighting and rescue duties. Ability to operate heavy equipment in performing duties.
- Ability to read and understand operating, maintenance and repair manuals for equipment, machinery and all maintenance services offered. Some of this information may be obtained through online methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively and operate a variety of radio and communications equipment.
- Ability to monitor, complete reports and take corrective action concerning the condition and maintenance of equipment, machinery, vehicles, runways and structures.
- Ability to take and pass required training classes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and establish and maintain positive working relationships. Good client/customer service skills and the ability to work independently as well as in support of the group effort.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.