Kaiser Permanente Biostatistician I ( Behavioral and Health Services Research ) in Pasadena, California
Under general supervision, provide statistical support for a wide variety of research projects under the supervision of higher level biostatisticians.
Provide data analysis support for researchers and biostatisticians in the research department by using statistical software.- Produce tables and graphics for statistical reports using a SAS and other computer languages.- Prepare datasets for analysis by merging files, creating analysis variables, editing data, and developing documentation.- Assist with interpretation of analysis results.- Design and implement appropriate data collection and quality control methods.- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in analyzing research data using statistical package(s).
• Master's degree or in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or a related field of study with at least one (1) year of coursework in statistics or biostatistics.
License, Certification, Registration
• Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
• Ability to express complex statistical concepts and technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
• Must be an independent self-starter.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Experience with medical or health research.
• Minimum one (1) year of related statistical consulting experience in healthcare or medical research areas.
• Knowledge and experience with SAS programming language.
TITLE: Biostatistician I ( Behavioral and Health Services Research )
LOCATION: Pasadena, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Kaiser Permanente Jobs