Lockheed Martin Proposal Manager in Palmdale, California
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking an experienced and motivated leader to be a senior level Proposal Manager (Individual Contributor), as part of a dynamic and hard-working team located in Palmdale, CA.
The Lockheed Martin Aeronautics New Business Competitive Proposal Operations Team supports complex, strategic proposal efforts for the design, development, production, and sustainment of aerospace and defense platforms for the U.S. and allied militaries.
This exceptional individual will manage proposal teams in the development of compliant and compelling solicitation (e.g., RFP) responses for unusually complex campaigns/ capture efforts. This will require a high degree of ingenuity (to include identifying the need for in-house and/or consultant resources) on large, multi-faceted, strategic "must win" competitive proposals. This leader will shape and drive integration of win themes and discriminators into proposal deliverables, ensuring capture artifacts and customer values are incorporated for a winning submission. Working directly with the Campaign Lead, Program Manager, and LM Aero Senior Management, this person will develop and apply advanced concepts/new applications to effectively tailor the Proposal Process to the particular campaign/RFP. The Proposal Manager will guide diverse teams of cross-functional proposal personnel in all aspects of proposal volume development, including Technical, Management, Past Performance, Security, Cost, Contracts, Executive Summary, Integrated Master Schedule and Plans, etc. A key element of this role is to coach volume leads to ensure messages are consistently integrated across all volumes. The Proposal Manager will also lead and manage the proposal team's involvement in post-submittal activities, such as Evaluation Notices (ENs), Best and Final Offer (BAFO), orals, lessons learned, etc. This individual must be comfortable and experienced providing regular status and meaningful feedback to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will also be experienced and capable of expertly handling proposal coordination activities, to include:
• working with Capture Managers, Business Development, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, Program Management, Facilities, and other organizations to identify the proposal team and required facilities for the proposal effort
• demonstrating Proposal Process expertise and ability to tailor as appropriate, to include guiding proposal team members on proposal processes and procedures
• establishing and managing proposal schedules and deadlines
• developing proposal artifacts, such as the proposal outline, compliance matrix, storyboard plan, and delivery plan
• tracking and reporting status of proposal sections, to include monitoring proposal content for accuracy, consistency, and compliance while anticipating impacts to schedule and resources
• conducting regular proposal status meetings, and managing actions to closure
• ensuring configuration management of all proposal artifacts, utilizing Microsoft SharePoint and similar tools
• scheduling, organizing, and conducting proposal color reviews (e.g., Pink and Red Teams), as well as driving comment summation, adjudication, and final inclusion
• working collaboratively with publications personnel to manage the production cycle, to include printing, book check, packing, and delivery
• ensuring work spaces are well-maintained for the proposal teams, to include daily oversight and maintenance of assigned proposal spaces
Note that applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. May require occasional travel. Due to the classified nature of many of the proposals, the candidate should assume their presence will be required onsite in Palmdale for most activities. This is not a work-from-home position.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facilit
• Knowledge and experience as a Proposal Manager, working large proposal/capture efforts implementing standard proposal processes for competitive proposal development for U.S. and foreign government pursuits
• Well-versed in competitive proposal processes (e.g., Shipley)
• Experience managing diverse teams under time pressures and competing priorities
• Prior experience interfacing with executive level management
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
• University degree in a technical field and/or Project Management
• Program management experience
• Successful track record managing highly technical teams
• Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills requiring minimal direction; this position is virtually self-supervised
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong writing ability with experience in developing content for technical, management, past performance, resume proposal sections
• Formal Proposal Management accreditation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs