HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Controller in Oviedo, Florida
/Oviedo Medical Center/, a 64-Bed bed, acute care hospital provides a full range of healthcare services to east Seminole County and surrounding communities. Services include medical and surgical inpatient units, intensive care, medical cardiology, telemetry, inpatient and outpatient surgery, women’s services including labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary services, cardiac catheterization, comprehensive diagnostic imaging and 24/7 emergency care.
The Controller is responsible for the direction and leadership of the fiscal facility operations and maintaining proper financial controls to ensure reliable and accurate financial reporting and integrity of financial services and applications Formulates and administers general accounting practices in adherence with corporate accounting policy (APG) and internal audit guidelines; interprets data, and prepares financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for twenty-four hour operations and maintaining proper financial controls to ensure reliable and accurate financial reporting and integrity of financial services and applications by consistently analyzing, evaluating and monitoring procedures, processes and systems.
- Formulates and administers general accounting practices in adherence with corporate accounting policy (APG) and internal audit guidelines; interprets data, and prepares financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management.
- Ensures delivery of high quality services by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, equipment, resources, competency, physical space, training and education of staff.
- Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services, through assessment and monitoring of financial processes and systems.
- Ensures compliance with Sarbane-Oxley, JCAHO, legal and all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve safety. Addresses safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Hospital-based experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master's Preferred
- CPA or Masters preferred
- Three to five years in hospital fiscal services.
- Three years at supervisory level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must manifest problem-solving abilities and decisive leadership. Professional accounting skills. Computer skills as well as verbal and communication skills
- Superior time management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills; ability to read comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions; demonstrates good customer relations and analytical skills.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Location: Florida-Oviedo-Oviedo Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26750-2531