HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director Patient Safety in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Director Patient Safety today with Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director like you to be a part of our team.
- Prevent future harm by initiating and overseeing proactive evaluation and redesign of systems to improve care processes (e.g. forcing functions, checklists, error causation thinking, human factors, applied informatics, culture).
- Support improved outcomes by emphasizing both appropriate behaviors and robust systems that include concise accountability measures and follow-up.
- Improve consistent delivery of evidence-based care and reduction in preventable harm by focusing on reliability and applying the principles of reliable design.
- Reduce variation in care delivery. Partner with the Patient Safety Organization to explore identified variations when appropriate.
- Utilize alerts and best practices (e.g. Sentinel Event Alerts) to perform gap assessments and implement strong actions that will alleviate identified gaps.
- Identification and Mitigation of Patient Safety Risk Expectations:
- Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors and potential risks in the facility.
- Perform Patient Safety Rounds that identify patient safety risks. Empower staff to identify and participate in resolution of patient safety concerns.
- Actively participate in PSO learning collaboratives. Ensure implementation of best practices, alerts, and updates to drive patient safety improvement.
- Champion completion of Culture of Safety Survey.
- Facilitate analysis of culture of safety survey results such that data-driven action plans lead to targeted outcomes.
- Facilitate thorough and credible review of events that address both system and individual accountability.
- Include patient safety in new hire orientation presentation (e.g. PSO membership, reporting expectations, safety culture)
- Provide ongoing education to leaders, clinicians and staff on the science of safety (high reliability, effective communication, sustaining awareness/alertness) and patient safety initiatives.
- Work with facility leaders and managers to ensure thorough, credible and timely event management.
- Partner with facility leadership to establish activities that enable and sustain an open and fair environment promoting learning, safe systems, and appropriately managing behavioral choices related to patient safety (e.g. Patient Safety Rounds, Event Response, Disclosure).
- Partner with Quality to complete the NQF Safe Practices section of the Leapfrog Hospital Survey.
- Engage patients/families when appropriate in the patient safety program.
- Seek input from patients/families involved in harm or close call events as appropriate.
- Provide analysis and identifying trends from reports (e.g. PSIP data, SHARP report, Service Line Dashboards) to track progress of improvement strategies. Spread and sustain improvement.
Work with defense legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing and defense of claims against the facility; records, collects, documents, maintains, and provides to defense attorneys any requested information and documents necessary manage facility claims while maintaining privilege of PSWP
Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required; If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- Team STEPPS Master Trainer. If not already a Master Trainer, must obtain with 12 months of hire
- BERT (Behavioral Emergency Response Training) required within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare related filed required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality preferred. Healthcare experience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Director opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director Patient Safety
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-71323