AdventHealth MDS Coordinator RN Full Time Skilled Nursing Facility in Orlando, Florida
Resident Assessment MDS (RN) AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
250 S. Chickasaw Trail,Orlando, FL 32825
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and legislation and their impact on health care service.
- Knowledge of the Minimum Data Set, Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs), Triggers, Care Area Assessment (CAAs), Plan of Care, Discharge Plan, Skilling Criteria, and documentation requirement per regulations and legislation.
- Reviews resident referral information from a variety of sources.
- Assist Director with look back periods and informing the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the “significant change” MDS.
- Assist Director with the MDS team on look back periods and informs the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the look back periods for the MDS completion including the “significant change” MDS
- Works independently to coordinate, audit and oversee functions of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and resident care analysis process to assure compliance with federal and state requirements, and to certify timely completion of MDS analysis. Monitors the assignment of residents to Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) and the payment periods associated with the MDS schedules. Develops and maintains on-going MDS schedules for each resident. Uses independent judgment and decision making in analyzing residents' physical and mental function and documents data on minimum data set forms completely and accurately to insure accurate billing of residents' accounts; documents all additional analysis required completely and accurately; determines appropriate referrals to other health care professionals; and uses resident analysis protocols to determine whether to proceed or not proceed. Attends assigned committee meetings to represent the MDS department. May coordinate work schedules of one or more other MDS Nurse(s). As a licensed nurse working in a skilled nursing facility may be called upon during critical or emergency situations to perform general nursing duties
What will you need?
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state practicing
- MDS Certification by the American Association of Nursing Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) or the equivalent is preferred or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs