Honeywell Energy Sales Leader – Federal Government in Orlando, Florida
Honeywell Buildings Technology (HBT) is a leader in building automation, fire, security, energy management, software, and energy and infrastructure solutions. Within HBT, our direct sales force creates and sells integrated energy and infrastructure modernization solutions to our customers that achieve results. Our sales approach begins by working with the end customer to identify and prioritize their desired outcomes. We help them select and define use cases that will achieve those outcomes. From there we design the integrated energy and infrastructure solution that will deliver those use cases.
The Federal Energy Sales Leader is responsible for leading a sales team to drive growth and deliver a 2022 Annual Operating Plan (AOP) of approximately 70-90M of new energy orders from Federal customers CONUS and OCONUS. The Federal Energy team is comprised of approximately 10 sales professionals structured by federal agencies and geographic territory. The team sells Energy projects and associated services that are developed and implemented using third party financed contracting methods such as ESPC, UESC and PPA.
· Drive orders growth through effective leading and coaching the Federal energy sellers to achieve their annual quotas.
· Meet or exceed the Federal Annual Operating Plan (AOP) on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Review, update, and execute the Federal Government market strategy in response to federal market needs to achieve AOP.
· Talent Management of the team through Development, Coaching, and Retaining talented sales team to deliver AOP. Provide performance management if required.
· Assign annual incentive quota targets for all sellers.
· Provide accurate weekly forecast for orders within Salesforce.Com platform. Includes overall orders forecast along with forecast for Energy projects and Energy services lines of business.
· Consistently meet the orders forecast on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
· Coach and mentor sales personnel in establishing professional relationships with appropriate levels of client decision makers.
· Assist in sales territory planning, identifying target accounts, and coaching to create and qualify new opportunities and drive opportunities through the sales process.
· Create a robust pipeline of major pursuits within the Government industry. Track within Salesforce.com. Coach/mentor team to create robust pursuit plans for each pursuit.
· Define key accounts within Federal Government. Coach/mentor team to create robust account plans / territory plans for the key account customers.
· Assess team’s sales activities and forecasts to determine sales progress and required improvements
· Work with marketing to develop, update and implement Federal specific sales collateral to support achieving sales goals.
· Represent Honeywell on Federal industry trade associations such as the Federal Performance Contracting Coalition.
· Work with Government Relations and with industry associations to overcome Administration and Agency challenges associated with the development and implementation of financed energy project using established IDIQ contracts such as ESPC and UESC.
· Recommend and implement improvements both strategic and tactical to achieve sales goals
YOU MUST HAVE
· BA/BS degree in business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of 5 years of proven sales leadership / management experience of 7 or more direct reports
· Minimum of 10years of quota carrying sales experience
· Led a sales team generating 20-50M in revenue.
· Led a sales team of at least 7or more sellers.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience selling to Federal market customers and/or managing salespeople selling to Federal customers.
· At least 5 years of experience selling or managing people using funded Federal contracting methods such as MATOCs, IDIQs, and GSA schedule. Experience with UMCS, ESS and other specialized contracts through the Army Corps of Engineers is preferrable.
· Experience with financed contracts such as ESPC, UESC, EUL, PPAs, and/or other structured financing of projects for Federal customers.
· Strong knowledge of Federal Government vertical market and energy market.
· Ability to coach and mentor team to have a winning sales strategy for their accounts and opportunities.
· Strong knowledge of Energy, Infrastructure Modernization, and Resilience projects. Experience with Building Management Systems, Fire, Security, and Software is preferred.
· Strong skills with Salesforce.com platform.
· Strong understanding of direct sales of integrated solutions.
· Outcome based selling skills.
· Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed Annual Operating Plan.
· Coaching/mentoring skills for sales professions.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong communication skills
· C-Level selling skills and ability to meet with DOD senior leaders and DOD civilian leaders such as SES or political appointees.
· Strong knowledge of energy infrastructure and military ecosystem. Includes general contractors, mechanical contractors, electrical contractors, consulting engineers, and architects.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required.
· Ability to travel within CONUS at least 50% of the time, some OCONUS travel may also be necessary.
Salary Range: $180,000 - $195,000
For benefits information please visit https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current employees may visit HR Direct.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs