AMETEK, Inc. Sr. Buyer in Orange, California
Job ID: 18996
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - California - Orange
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
The Senior Buyer position is responsible for procurement activities of electronic components, metals, fabricated parts, and assemblies to support manufacturing of programmable power supplies in a high-mix environment. Ensures materials are delivered on time and to schedule and within the guidelines of company supply chain strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
• Performs complex purchasing activities including pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goods/services to support build plans, forecast.
• Actively participate and drive-in efforts to lower inventory and drive down material costs.
• Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders to reach highest quality at best value.
• Challenge and influence non-conforming and/or underperforming Suppliers.
• Direct the disposition of any and all issues impeding the flow of materials required to meet business demands.
• Determine optimal supply chain strategy at a tactical level for all parts.
• Establish optimal supplier base working through the Commodity Managers.
• Establish optimal supply chain arrangement for each and every component requirement.
• Interpret MRP output and place purchase orders.
• Implement supply chain strategy through Warehousing and Planning at the part number level of detail.
• Respond to daily shortage report.
• Purchase order administration and follow-up.
• Process supplier returns and replacements.
• Assist Accounts Payable in resolving related issues
• Complete tasks and special projects as assigned
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Working with ambiguity - Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
• Critical thinking - Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
• Drive for results - Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
• Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions - Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• 5+ years of increasing experience with a proven record of executing the tactical and strategic duties of the Purchasing function in electronics manufacturing
• Proven track record for executing a visual replenishment (two-bin) system fed from a bonded inventory at supplier location
• Aptitude in decision making and working with numbers
• Proficient in MS Office and MRP; Navision, Oracle or ManMan knowledge a plus
• Strong negotiation skills with a track record of success
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with key suppliers
• Excellent communication skills: verbal communication, presentations, and business writing
• Relevant Supply Chain certifications (CPSM, CPIM, SPSM, CSCP)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics or related field preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.