PDS Tech Inc Planner/Scheduler I in Ontario, California
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Planner/Scheduler in Ontario, CA.
• The growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning, including producing schedules, material lists, and production plans.
Summary of Duties:
• Plans and schedules work flow for every single work station according to the manufacturing sequence of operation and control lead time.
• Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing sequence, assembly and production work flow.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Prepares production reports, productivity reports, cost analysis graphs and delivery charts that drive process and performance improvement.
• Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy,” establishes safety stock/Reorder points, and validates Bill of Material in the MRP system
• Sets up all purchase requisitions for Purchasing personnel, based on need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
• Plans and releases intercompany requirements and maintains Distribution Orders to ensure on time delivery and right quality
• Manages intercompany transfers
• Read, interpret, create and validate complex, multi-level Bill of Material
• Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
• Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate any changes
• Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
• Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
• Preserves engineering revision control
• May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff
• Performs work under general supervision
• Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and escalates more complex issues to higher level staff
• 3+ years of production planning and/or material planning experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP) requirements, purchase order and manufacturing order generation process logic, and inventory management practices.
• Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operational and shipping and receiving.
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities related to aircraft lavatory production.
• Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints and drawings
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Bachelor’s degree (in business, supply chain or logistics management) or equivalent experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or logistics management
• Knowledge of Lean, pull system, Kanban and JIT.
• Dedication and commitment to ensure all work is completed without exception.
• Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
• Customer service oriented
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs